𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭

Depuis le début

"I'm going to calm Leah down, I think I'm the only one who will be able to do it," Sam nodded at what the Swan wolf said before asking Embry and Jared to help Seth.

"I'm going to get Jacob, patrol will wait," With that, Sam left and Madelyn, Embry and Jared shifted. The wolf girl went to Leah quickly. The Clearwater girl was so mad, she was swearing about the situation, not understanding what was happening and it got worse when she noticed Sam and Emily. Madelyn tried to focus on Leah, and tuned out Seth's soft cries, even if it was breaking her heart. 

"Leah. Leah, please calm down," Madelyn tried to approach her more, but Leah only growled louder, getting a sob from Seth. Nathaniel was staying close to his mate, ready to intervene if the newly shifted wolf was too unstable. 

"Leah, you are scaring Seth," Madelyn's sentence must have knocked some sense into her because she immediately stopped. She wobbled her way to her younger brother and rubbed her head on his. After a while, both were calm enough to turn back into their human form. All of them walked back inside, Sue with both of her kids at her sides sitting on the couch and the rest of the pack around the kitchen and the living room. After waiting for a long time, Charlie walked through the door, sighing and rubbing his eyes tiredly. When he looked up, he went into his awkward mode instinctively and rubbed the back of his neck before looking anywhere but the people in front of him.

"So? Is he gonna be okay?" Madelyn asked, her imprint rubbing the small of her back softly. Charlie nodded.

"Yes, the doctor said he was going to be okay, he had a heart attack, but it wasn't a fatal one, luckily," The cop said reassuringly. Everyone let out a relieve sigh. The new wolves hugged their mother tightly, who started crying again. The three Clearwaters went to the hospital while everyone else hang around their house. Soon after, Sam walked in.

"Um, Charlie, Maddy, I have to talk to you," They exchanged a look before going outside. "Bella jumped off the cliff. I don't know her... motive but Jacob got her out of the water, so she is fine. He drove her home and he should come here after," Madelyn glared at Sam for his bluntness. Charlie's eyes almost popped out when he said his daughter jumped off a cliff. 

"I hope she has a good explanation for this..." Charlie grumbled when Madelyn brought him into a hug. Her dad had a rough day and, even if she didn't know, Bella could have taken a break of doing stupid things. Madelyn was sure Bella didn't try to kill herself, she was too much obsessed with being a vampire to do that, so there was another thing. Thinking about that, Bella was doing some reckless things recently. Building bikes and riding them and now, cliff diving? Before going back inside, they heard someone walking through the forest. A pissed off Jacob walked out of it.

"Bella left," That got a confused look from both Swans. "She left for Italy. Something happened to Cullen, I don't really know. I tried to stop her, Charlie, I'm sorry," Jacob mumbled, feeling guilty he wasn't able to keep Bella in Forks. 

"It's alright, Jake. You did everything you could," The older man clapped his shoulder and brought him inside as Nathaniel walked out. He went besides his mate and brought her into his arms.

"Why does she always do something stupid? She has no idea how much tiring all of this is for dad," She pressed her forehead on her imprint's chest while he ran a hand through her hair. 

"I don't know, mon amour [my love]. This was a rough day for all of us. You must get rest," Nathaniel pressed a loving kiss on her forehead. "We have to be positive. Harry will be okay, Bella isn't dead, yet," He muttered the last word and smiled when he got a small laugh out of his mate. Swaying side to side softly with Madelyn between his arms, he got serious. "You know, I'm only joking about that. Bella's death."

"I know. Don't worry," Madelyn nodded. He shook his head and cupped her face to keep eyes contact.

"No, I mean - I know at some point, Bella was less annoying

"No, I mean - I know at some point, Bella was less annoying. And I know what is going on inside your head," He poked her forehead teasingly. "I know you wanted Bella to go back to the way she was before, you talked to me about it. I know you want to keep her safe, for Charlie's sake, but I know she is still important to you, even if you tried to convince yourself you don't care," Madelyn closed her eyes at that, trying to keep herself from crying. 

"I just want, to keep her safe, but she is doing everything wrong, she thinks I'm her rival in anything, why does she act like this?" Madelyn started crying softly, pressing a hand to her mouth to muffle her sounds. When they were younger, they had a somewhat good relationship, but as soon as Bella noticed she was in Madelyn's shadow, she changed radically.

"No, please, ma chérie [my darling], don't cry. I wasn't trying to upset you. Shh, please," He pressed kisses everywhere on her face before wiping away the tears that escaped. Nathaniel rubbed her head softly and brought it into the crook of his neck so she could cry freely. After today, Madelyn was exhausted and felt like she couldn't deal with Bella's nonsense, so she just let it all out. Her imprint was still rubbing the back of her head and the small of her back, trying to calm her down. When he noticed she was slightly drifting off to sleep, he picked her up and made sure she was securely wrapped around him before running to the Cullen's house. After tucking her to bed, he texted Charlie, told him Madelyn needed to sleep and he advised the Swan man to do the same. After a few hours, laying down on their bed with his beloved on his chest, he got a text from Alice, saying she was on the plane with Bella to Volterra. The end of her message got him confused.

[When we come back, we might have a new family member. Keep calm before doing something, okay? Everything will be fine, just hear him out. Alice xox]

Nathaniel frowned. A new family member? Sighting, he closed his eyes and fumbled with the end of his mate's hair to calm himself down. He hoped that new family member would not bring more problems to his coven. 

Thank you for reading! 

I hope you liked this chapter :) I feel like I kinda rushed into things, but I'm so excited for the next chapter! I hope you'll like it :) Be ready for Luca Volturi ✨