We arrived at work and parted ways quickly seeing as I already had a consult with Bailey.

As I was walking down to Bailey, I walked past a man that looked familiar... mad? Then again it was a hospital, a lot of people get bad news daily.

"Grey, we have a few surgeries today. First one is in an hour. Cholecystectomy." Bailey said, handing her a chart.

"Okay. Thanks Bailey." I replied. "Just review her chart and meet me in OR 2 in an hour."

I reviewed the chart for about half an hour when Bailey walked back over. "Grey, can you go check on the patient real quick? I gotta go check something." She asked. I simply nodded and walked off quickly.

On my way, my pager flashed. "Code Silver - seek shelter immediately." It read.

My blood ran cold. Silver? I've never learned about Code Silver in school nor in internship. Might just be a drill. I shrugged it off and kept on my way.

*no ones POV*

Mark got the page while sitting in his office and immediately took out his phone and called Meredith.

"Mer?" He asked.

"Hey, what's up?" Meredith replied.

"Are you somewhere safe?" He asked.

"Checking up on a patient. Why?" She asked.

"Go. Hide somewhere. Now. There's somebody in the building." Mark said sternly.

"What?" Meredith exclaimed in fear.

"Yes. Pease go hide." He begged.

"I have to cross the catwalk. Hang on." Meredith said, quickly hurrying across, but not before someone stopped her.

"Stop right there!" A loud, familiar voice called loudly. Meredith froze.

"Mer? What's going on?" Derek asked as Meredith turned around.

"Mr Clark? Gun." Meredith whispered in shock. She had only heard about the man from Lexie and a bit from Mark by extent of what Derek told him. She had only seen the Man walking the halls while his wife was in the hospital.

"Oh god. Stay on the phone, okay?" He asked.

"Put the phone down. We have some things to discuss, Dr..." The man said patiently waiting for Meredith to respond.

Meredith shakily put the phone down, not ending the call. "Grey. Dr. Meredith Grey." Meredith replied, not taking her eyes off of the gun in his hand

"Killed a few people." He said nonchalantly. Meredith gulped.

"A doctor who share your name killed my wife." He said accusingly.

"Mr Clark, you wife died of brain cancer. Th- the doctors on your wife's case did everything they could." She replied.

"No! Listen to me, kid, the doctors and Dr. Shepherd killed my wife. And I know you and him are together, I looked for him earlier and saw your picture on his desk." He yelled. "You're togetehr, aren't you?" He asked.

"He's my ex. We have tw- twins." Meredith stammered out.

"Even better." Gary chuckled, raising the gun and seemed to be examining it.

"Mr Clark, we're very sorry for your loss. I am very sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose someone." Meredith said.

"Oh, I'm sure you do. The love of your life ever just...die?" Gary asked bitterly.