Chapter 1

Kyotani's POV:

'Ugh, I hate it here, all the people do here is avoid me, or stare...' I thought while walking through the halls of my high school. I'm a first year right now, and not many people like me for that thanks to my school practically religious reliance on the stupid school heiarchy thing. And then there's my personality. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but apparently the world thinks otherwise. I joke around alot, but people think I'm serious. I also like animals a lot and don't talk much that way other people have room to talk, but then I get classified as anti-social, or mean. It's close to the second half of the year and I'm talking to my mom about maybe switching schools. She said she'd be fine with it, and that I just need to get the paperwork from the staff before the end of the year. The people aren't the only reason I want to switch schools though, they don't have a volleyball team. I was waiting for a long time to get into a highschool volleyball team because my middle school didn't have an official one either. I wanted to help represent my community's volleyball club so I played there.

I don't fully play anymore, I just help with practicing for like, middle schoolers, because the elementary schoolers are scared of me. But whenever I practice I like to practice with either adults or just by myself. I do serves and saves and stuff like you usually would, but my favorite is spiking. I get to put as much power and reflex into it as I want. I do this one spike where I cut across the court and shoot almost parallel to the net. Believe it or not, I'm really flexible so that helps when I spike because I like to pull back and then spike, sort of like a whip.

Anyways, enough about what I like and stuff, right now I'm on my way to the staff break room since i have a free period right now and all the people have left the hallways. I'm picking up the paperwork because I found out that there was an opening at the new school I want to go to, Aoba Johsai Highschool. They do use a lot of communication in all of their teams though, I'm not very good at that. Oh well, there's bound to be someone there that understands that.

I knocked, "Hello? May I come in?" I asked receiving a yes from what sounded like a backroom. I walked in to see the school guidence conselor there. He had just walked out of what looked like a storage closet. "Hey Kyotani! What can I do for ya?" He chirped, his bubbly personality could comfort almost anyone. "Um, I was wondering if i could get the papers for transferring schools?" I said, though it sounded more like a question. "Of course! If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me why you want to transfer? And to where?" He said leading me to another teachers desk and rumaging through some cabinets. "Oh, just some of the people here aren't the nicest, and the school doesn't have a volleyball team. And I want to go to Aoba Johsai." My hands unconsiously figeting. "Ah, I've heard many good things about them. But Aren't they a school based around communication? From what I've seen you either aren't that good at it or don't like it... Sorry if that offends you." He said tilting his head a little. 'Well shit, is that just him being a counselor and being observant, or does everyone see that?' "Kyotani? Are you okay? You're spacing out..." He said waving his hand infront of my face. "Oh, um Yea. I'm fine. And yea, their main thing is communication..." My eyes wandering everywhere but him.  "Am I making you uncomfortale? I'm sorry, you just look nervous. If you want I could just hand you the papers and you can go calm down... Please don't think that others notice things like that though, it's just me, I'm observant." He said turning around annd picking the papers up off the desk behind him.

"Oh, um no you're fine. But can I get the papers please?" I pulled my fidgeting hands out from behind me to grab the papers. "Yeah, here you go." "Thank you." I took the pages and waved before rushing out of the room. Wow, I really hated that. I went to a sort of secret area in the building, that only i know. I go there during the free period because it's quiet and no one is passing through there. 'I should tell mama I got the papers.' I pulled out my phone and snapped my mama a picture of the papers.

(In the chat with kyotani and his mother)

Mama:

What are those?

You:

The papers for transferring :D

Mama:

Yay! You actually got them! Tell me more when you get home, I have to get back to work. Love ya kiddo!<3

You:

Okay :) Love ya too!

(End chat)

I put my phone away and pulled out a book from my bag. I just got the newest book to my favorite manga series, Orange. It's a rather big book, because I got the collection version, which is basically just a bunch of the books in one. 'I can't wait till I transfer'

*Two weeks Later*

Finally! My first day at Aoba Johsai! I finally can get away from that other hell hole! Too bad I can't sign up for volleyball yet though, because the year has already started and is almost over. We have another month or two of school before summer break, then I can join in my second year.