Prologue - The Tapes

Quick A/N: Tails' workshop looks like the one in Sonic Boom except it doesn't have the weird thing on top and it's like half it's size with a wooden roof instead of metal. The picture is more or less what the clearing he lives in looks like.

Tails POV (10:35 am)

I was walking out of the back door of my house and looked towards the clear light blue sky. I slowly walked towards my workshop as I admired the forest that surrounded a little bit more then half of the clearing that I live in. The forest that I live in is near the outskirts of town -which is east from here- and despite everyone saying that I should live closer/in town, I chose to live here for the peace and quiet, and another reason that is best left unsaid.

When I got to the workshop, I unlocked the door and opened it only to see that it was in the exact same state it was when I left it. The Tornado in the middle near the garage door, a bunch of papers and blueprints were scattered around the floor along with toolbox. Now normally I wouldn't leave the place looking like a hurricane passed by, but two days ago Eggman was attacking a city so me and Sonic had to run over and stop him.  "Looks like I have my work cut out for me." I said to my self while examining the medium sized room, I always wanted to reorganize this place, but never had the chance thanks to Eggman's attacks, so now would be the perfect chance to do just that.

I start by picking up the papers that were carelessly thrown to the ground and put them in a neat pile on the side of a medium sized wooden desk that had some flowers on the windowsill next to it. 'Ok blueprints next' I thought picking up a blueprint.

When I'm done picking everything up and placing it on the desk, I look back to the now clean workshop. "Alright, now I can reorganize this place" I say with a smile.

*Time skip to when he's almost done (12:40)*

I pick up the final item, my toolbox, as I'm carrying it something catches my attention from underneath a smaller wooden table. I place the toolbox down and go to investigate the shining object. As I get closer to the table I see that it was three VHS tapes. I bend down to pick them up, placing them on the table and sat down. The edges of the titles were a bit tattered, but the titles and the tape them selves looked to be fine.

The first one was labelled with a date, "June 3rd, 3153." I read out loud, 'This was made three years after I was born.' I look at the other one and I feel my heart sink. The title read 'David & Rosemary Prower'. "Mom... Dad..." I say quietly, not wanting to think about them anymore I focus on the last one. "Sonic Universe facts?" I say out loud, what does it mean by that? I glanced around the workshop, it was clean and all I needed to do was polish the Tornado. I looked back at the tape excited and I ran back to my house to call my friends and Eggman. Well I told Shadow to get Eggman because I don't have his number...

As I hung up on Rouge I went downstairs to set everything up.

Word count: 539

How do you guys like the prologue of Split? Can you believe that I started this book a little more then a month ago and I'm just now publishing the prologue.

I don't have my editor for this story so if I spelled something wrong or my grammar is off please tell me, it helps me a lot with my writing.

I've made a few changes to the name of Tails' father, so instead of his name being Amadeus Prower it's now David A. Prower (the A stands for Amadeus).

I also changed a bit of the note at the beginning because I felt that I was being a bit harsh. Hopefully by the time you read this it's changed.

Have a good week and I'll see you guys in the next chapter,
~melon