.4-1.

Deciding that moving into a new apartment was a great opportunity to get to know his co-workers better, Jungkook invited some of his colleagues to a house-warming party, including the elusive Kim Namjoon in whom he seemed to have taken an interest.

Something no one around him approved of, not to mention understood.

"You should really avoid associating yourself with him, if you want to climb up that corporate ladder," a guy Jungkook didn't even remember inviting declared in a not so hushed tone.

That was news to the young man on a mission he was, which made him actively seek out the elderly associate who appeared to have fallen out of grace among the company staff.

He poured a glass of whiskey — noticing that was the only thing the man drank — and walked over to the bay window the other was facing, eyes lost in the sparkling night that had descended upon the city a while ago.

When he finally noticed his host by his side, Namjoon almost apologized. "I didn't see you there! It's quite nice. The view, I mean. Right by the river."

"One of the reasons I picked this place. I can go for a run every morning."

Handing the drink, he turned toward the window in silence, not sure how to go from there. Lucky for him, the man knew a thing or two about socializing. "Thank you for inviting me by the way. It was quite unexpected."

"I couldn't not invite you, Professor Kim."

Hearing the title that had been stripped from him for the first time in years, uttered by this young co-worker with nothing but reverence in his gaze brought Namjoon to tears. "You cannot say such things. You won't last long if you do."

"I don't care. I'll find another job. It's you I'm interested in, not Biobotics."

The man had never met anyone so blunt in his life. "I'm — huh — flattered but — how do I say this without hurting your feelings?"

The younger cocked his head to the side, unsure of the implications. "What is it you want to say?"

"Jungkook, you're young and handsome and, by the size of the three-bedroom apartment you were able to acquire in the equally nice Hannam-dong neighbourhood, quite successful. I'm positive you can find someone closer to your age—"

Jungkook blinked a few times, confused. "Professor Kim, I'm not sure why you think I'm looking for anyone. I have found you and that's all that matters to me."

"But, do you know who I am?"

"I believe I do. Otherwise I wouldn't have got an A in college for that paper I wrote about your past achievements."

Oh.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡