chapter two

"Great. Just great. I get stuck with the dumb one and Dustin." Mumbled Susie as she crouched behind a plant. She was positioned in between Steve and Dustin. Steve peered through a pair of binoculars.

"Thanks." Dustin grinned. 

"Tha— hey, wait." Steve whined. 

"You see anything?" Dustin asked. 

"No, apparently, I'm too stupid to do anything right." Steve rolled his eyes.

"That's true—" Susie began. Dustin reached his hand forward, covering Susie's mouth. "Forget that. Do you see anything?" Dustin slowly lowered his hand from Susie's mouth as she pressed her hand down on his shoulder in a threatening manner.

"Uh.. I guess I don't totally know what I'm looking for." Steve admitted. 

"Evil Russians." Dustin replied. 

"Yeah, exactly. I don't know what an evil Russian looks like." Steve countered.

"Tall, blond, not smiling." Dustin stared ahead. 

"Ah, like Susie that one summer she bleached her hair. Let me tell you, that was not a good look." Steve commented. 

"Steven, I will literally rip those binoculars away from you and—"

"Susie, the violence has to stop. Peace... and love." Dustin held up his hand to gesture her to calm down. Susie sighed. 

"Also, look for earpieces, camo, duffel bags, that sort of thing?" Dustin continued. 

"Yeah, cause an evil Russian is gonna be dumb enough to look suspicious in a mall full of people." Susie grumbled.

"Okay, Steve, I'm starting to see why she's a major buzz kill." Dustin nodded.

 "Yeah! Exactly!" Steve agreed.

 "I'm just logical." Susie argued.

Steve panned the binoculars up. "Oh, you've gotta be kidding me." He groaned.

 "What?" Dustin inquired. 

"Anna Jacobi's talking with that meathead Mark Lewinsky." Steve whined.

"Dude, if you're not gonna focus, just gimme the binoculars." Dustin sighed in frustration. 

"Aw, Jesus Christ, whatever happened to standards?" Continued Steve. "I mean, Lewinsky never even came off the bench."

"Dude, you are the worst spy in history, you know that?" Dustin stated.

 "I can take care of it, Dustin." Susie cracked her knuckles. 

"Okay— uh— no, Suz. I've got it under control but... thanks." Dustin held up his hand once more.

"Your loss." She shrugged. "I'm gonna go get something from the vending machine. Want anything?" She offered. 

"Great, can I have—" Steve began. 

"I was asking Dustin." Susie interrupted.

"Uh.. no thanks." Dustin refused.

 "Alright. I'll be back soon, losers." Susie made her way a few meters right towards the vending machine.

"Make it never, Wheeler." Mumbled Steve. 

Dustin reached for the binoculars. "Besides, I don't even get why you're looking at girls. You have the perfect one right in front of you." He commented. 

"Seriously, if you say Susie again—" Steve rolled his eyes.

"Susie." Dustin repeated. 

"No, don't. No." Steve shook his head.