Chapter Forty Nine: More Than This

Beginne am Anfang

     You and Liam walked into the kitchen together. “_____, I think Niall saw something he wasn’t supposed to see when you came home.” he said as he leaned his back against the counter. “What?” you asked confused. Liam sighed and dropped his head. “Did you kiss Jacob when he dropped you off here?” he asked. Your heart had stopped. “Oh my God.” you whispered. Liam nodded. “Did you?” he asked. You swallowed and nodded. Liam looked very disappointed. “Well Niall saw.” he said. Your eyes widened. “What?!” you asked. “But how?! How?! How is it possible that he could’ve seen?!” you exclaimed. Liam shrugged. “I dunno. He just told me he saw.” he said. You graoned. You didn’t want anyone to know. “_____…” Liam said in a sad voice. You didn’t answer. You just walked back into the living room without another word. You heard Liam sigh to himself, then follow you out. You went back onto the couch. “Everything alright?” Zayn asked as you came in. You nodded. “Fine.” you replied. You couldn’t tell if Zayn knew you were lying or not. His expression was very hard to read. You ressumed your place on the couch. Zayn leaned in and said “I want to meet this Jacob kid.” Your heart shook. You shook your head. “Yes.” Zayn whispered. “No.” you replied. “_____, I have to meet this guy. It sounds like he’s interested in you. So I have to meet him.” Zayn explained. You rolled your eyes. “Don’t you roll your eyes at me.” he said. You smirked. “Do you really?” you asked. He nodded. You weren’t even that sure if you like him. You did a little bit, but not like you liked Niall. Maybe this was just a phase. It’s been a little over a week since Niall and you broke up. After a few minutes your phone went off. “New Text Message: Jacob” it read. You opened it. “Hey.” it read. “Hi.” you replied. “Soo, I was wondering when you want to go out again.” he said. “Go out.” you read many times. That was a date? Zayn gave you a look. He knew you were texting him. You moaned. “Do you really want to meet him?” you asked. He nodded. “Fine.” you replied. You texted Jacob back. “How about tomorrow? Umm… My friend kind of wants to meet you…” you said. How awkward was that? Telling him that a friend of yours wanted to meet him? He replied back “Haha! Sure :) When and what time?” he asked. “How about 3:00. We can meet at the diner.” you answered. "Soudns good. I’ll see you and your friend there ;) " “Thanks. See you tomorrow :)” “We’ll see him tomorrow okay?” you asked Zayn. He smiled and nodded. “Thank you.” he said. You smiled. Niall had skipped out on dinner that night again. You knew exactly why and it was killing you. Did you still like Niall? You couldn’t lie. Yes you did. But you liked Jacob a little at the same time. Love Triangle. You ate your dinner silently. Eleanor fixed another plate. “Let’s see if Nialler’s gonna eat.” she said. She fixed the plate and went upstairs to his room. Liam looked at you quickly. You put your head down, guilty.

     Liam continued eating. Eleanor came back down within a few more moments. She had no plate in his hand. “He was hungry.” she said as she came back. Good. Atleast he was eating. Dinner had ended. You helped Harry clean up. It was approaching nearly midnight when you were ready to pass out. Everyone went upstairs to change and do their own thing. You and Eleanor had a little talk. “What did you and Jacob do today?” she asked. You told her everything. From where him and you met to him driving you home. You just left out the kissing part. Eleanor nodded. “Alright _____. I’m not stopped you from liking him. But just think about what you’re doing.” she said. You nodded and went into the bathroom to wash up. You’ve gotte warnings from everyone in the house about Jacob. And you didn’t really blame them. You came out of the bathroom and crept past everyone’s bedrooms. You came upon Niall’s room. You pressed your ear up against the wooden door. You heard nothing. You slowly opened it and peeked in. Nothing. He wasn’t inside. You got a little confused. You went outside to the top porch on the second floor. Maybe he was there. You stepped outside. Nothing. No one but yourself. You were about to go back inside when you heard something. You heard the strums of a guitar down at the bottom of the front porch. You peered over to top porch to see what it was. Niall. Niall was sitting on the bench on the frnot porch, strumming his guitar in silence. You waited and listened. “Ooooohhhh..” he started singing. You listened. “I’m broken. Do you hear me? I’m blinded. Cause you are everything I see. I’m dancing alone. I’m praying that your heart will just turn aroud. And as I walk up to your door. My head turns to face the floor. Cause I can’t look you in the eyes and say…” he sang. You melted. His voice was the most beautiful thing you’ve ever heard in your life. He hit every note perfectly. You continued watching. He continued singing. “If I’m louder, would you see me? Would you lay down in my arms and rescue me? Cause we are the same. You saved me and when you leave it’s gone again.” You knowing that you were the reason behind the song killed you. “I’ve never had the words to say. But now I’m asking you to stay for a little while inside my arms. And as you close your eyes tonight, I pray that you will see the light. That’s shining from the stars above.” he continued. You really thought about the lyrics. “When he lays you down I might just die inside. It just don’t feel right. Cause I can love you more than this. Can love you more than this…” he sang. Once he finished singing you felt like the most awful person in the world. You contiued watching him. You heard him take a deep breath and drop his head down. After a few more seconds he looked around to see if anyone was there. He lifted his head and looked at the topn porch where you were standing. Your eyes widened. You and him made eye contact. You said nothing. He said nothing. All Niall did was look at you. After a few minutes of just starring into eachother’s eyes you backed away slowly. You headed back inside.