Chapter Thirty Two: Perrie Louise Edwards

“Niall James Horan…” Harry said to Niall in the van. “Yes?” Nialler answered. “So you can cry during Findging Nemo and not during the Titanic?” Zayn questioned. That was true. Niall cries when he watches Finding Nemo. He cried when he’s lost. Which is like 70% of the movie. Niall shrugged. “I dunno.” he answered. You all smirked. You arrived at the ice cream palor. “Alright, love.” Harry leaned down and whispered in your ear. “Now we all have to buy as much ice cream as possible because Zayn’s paying.” he said. You started laughing. “You’re gonna need it anyways after all the crying you did.” you shot back at him. Harry smiled and looked slightly embarassed. You put your arm around his back and started walking with everyone else. You stood in line waiting to get something. “So what do you want darling?” Liam asked. You thought for a moment. “I’m not really cravnig ice cream. If anything, I’ll steal some of Zayn’s or Niall’s.” you answered. “Hey!” Niall said. He must’ve heard you. You and Liam laughed quietly. Niall came over to you and put his arm aroud you. “You can have as much as my ice cream as you want okay babe?” he asked. You nodded. “Thanks.” you smiled. You all got your ice cream. Zayn probably regretted wanting to pay for everything cause you guys ended up getting loads of ice cream. “Uh oh…” Zayn said as he was feeling through his jeans pocket. “What’s wrong?” you asked him. Zayn looked scared. “I don’t have enough money.” he said nervously. You smiled, rolled your eyes and took out a ten dollar bill. “Here.” you told him. He gave you a sweet smile.

      “Thanks love. I’ll pay you back alright?” he aksed taking the bill from you. You shook your head no. “No need.” you replied. Zayn smiled again. “You’re the best.” You loved him so much. You all went to a few little tables and took a seat down. Zayn got double scoops of chocolate on a cone. Liam got a large cookies and cream. Eleanor and Louis shared a chocolate fudge banana split. Niall got one scoop of vanilla, strawberry and mint all on one cone. Harry on the other hand got about three different large cups of ice cream. “Harry? You’re gonna eat all of that?” Louis asked astonished at how much Harry wanted. He nodded as he took a few spoonfuls of ice cream into his mouth. He smiled. You took a look over at Liam who was just licking the ice cream right out of the cup. “Liam, you’re crazy.” Niall told him. Liam looked up and gave him puppy dog eyes. “What do you mean?” he asked. “I still can’t get over the fact that you’re scared of spoons!” Niall exclaimed. He shrugged. “Coming from the boy that cries when he watches Finding Nemo.” he replied. Niall stuck his tounge out at Liam. Liam at Niall. They were so childish. “You want some love?” Niall asked offering you a lick. You got no ice cream. You leaned over and took a lick of his ice cream. Interesting. “Nice.” you said. Niall laughed. Everyone continued eating. Once finished, everynoe thhrew out their cups, spoons and napkins and went back to the van. “I still can’t believe you ate all of it!” Louis continued speaking with Harry. “I know. I can’t believe it either.” he said as he held his stomach. “So this is what a girl feels like after her boyfriend broke up with her?” Harry asked sarcastically. Louis drove back to the flat where another good night had taken place. “Goodnight my darling.” Niall said to you as he kissed your cheek and tucked you in for the night. “Goodnight babe.” you said back. He smiled, turned off your light and then walked out. You smiled as you fell into a deep sleep.

     Morning “_____. _____. Darling, come on. Get up.” you heard someone shake. Your eyes fluttered open to meet the big brown eyes of Zayn Malik. “Come on now love. We got to meet Perrie at the resturaunt by 12:00.” he told you. You looked at the clock. It was already 10:30. “Oh, alright, alright.” you said getting up out of bed. “You can sleep on the way there alright?” he asked. You nodded. “Alright, good.” Zayn said as he kissed your forehead and exited your room. Today was the day you were going to meet Zayn’s girlfriend. Perrie Edwards. You changed into this nice pink collared, button down shirt and some black skinny jeans and some black sandals. You went downstairs to see everyone in the living room in their pajamas besides Zayn. “_____, you’re ready?” he asked. You nodded. It was 11:30. Zayn wanted to get there early. “Going to meet the girlfriend today?” Louis asked you as you walked over to Zayn. You nodded. “Awwww.” Louuis said. “You’re gonna love her _____.” Eleanor assured you. “She’s lovely.” she continued. That made you feel a bit better. “Yeah. She’s great.” Harry added. “I’m sure she is.” you said. Everyone smiled. So did Zayn. “Alrighty then babe. Let’s get going.” Zayn said. “We should be back by around 5:00.” he told everyone. “Alright have fun now.” Liam said. You smiled and waved. Niall walked over to the door and let you all out. “Bye love.” Niall said to you and kissed you quickly goodbye. “Bye now. I’ll text you.” you said to him. “Alright. Have fun.” he said to you. You nodded and went out with Zayn. You hopped into the van. Zayn pulled out of the driveway and you were on your way. You weren’t going to lie. You were a bit nervous meeting her. “_____, don’t be worried alright? You guys are going to get along very well.” Zayn assured you, taking your hand in his. All you did was nod. It took you about twenty minutes to get to the resturaunt. You and Zayn walked in together looking round searching for a little blonde. “Ah. There she is.” Zayn said while he pointed to a blonde girl waving sitting at a booth alone. Your heart started beating a little faster. “Hey babe.” Zayn said as he kissed her on the lips. “Hi.” she said happily. She took a look at you. “And you must be _____ correct?” she asked. You nodded and gave her a smile. She giggled. “Well I’m Perrie. Nice to meet you.” she said sticking her hand out for a handshake. You shook her hand. “Nice to meet you as well.” you said. Zayn looked pleased.

     “Come on. Let’s sit.” Zayn said as you all got into the booth. You looked at what you wanted for lunch. “____, I’ve heard such great things between you and Zayn!” Perrie said. You were shocked. “Have you?” you asked giving Zayn a little look. He looked down, smiling. “Oh yeah! Talks about you all the time!” Perrie said. You smiled. “Gossiping about me Zayn?” you asked him playfully. Zayn smirked. “Sorry. Guilty as charged.” he said. You all laughed. You ordered your food. You spoke about some random stuff. Music and fans and whatever. “So how’s the flat?” Perrie asked you both. “It’s great!” you said happily. Zayn smiled. “Excellent.” Perrie said happily. “Yeah. She gets along great with the mates. She’s really a part of the family now.” Zayn said giving you a smile. “Awww, how sweet!” Perrie said. You were very pleased knowing that you could get along. Or so you thought. You all finished your meals when Zayn said “I’m gonna run to the bathroom.” He got up from the booth and went to the Men’s room leaving you and Perrie with eachother. There was awkward silence at first. Then you started a conversation “Perrie, I’ve heard you and Little Mix before. You guys really have beautiful voices.” you told her. It suddenly felt like she became a different person. “Oh… Thanks…” she said kind of rudely. You were shocked. “Excuse me?” you asked. Perrie sighed, looked around to make sure Zayn wasn’t coming back. “Look…” she started off. “I know how close you and Zayn are alright?” she asked. “I know how much he loves you. Now, I don’t know if this is right or not. But do you mind keeping your distance?” she questioned. You couldn’t believe what you were hearing. “I’m sorry. Me? Keep my distance?” you asked. “Mhhhmm…” she nodded. “Because Zayn and I are in a relationship. Not you and Zayn.” she said. Your jaw dropped. “Wow. I never said that I was in a relationship with Zayn!” you defended. She nodded. “You bet you’re not.” she replied. So much sass. “Just don’t get too attatched alright love?” she asked sarcastically. You felt angry rage inside of you. Zayn came at the right moment. “Alright, I’m back ladies. Everything alright?” he asked. “Oh yeah. Just perfect.” Perrie answered happily. You couldn’t help but just stare at her. “_____, are you alright?” Zayn asked. He must’ve noticed. “Oh yeah.” you perked up. “Ummm.. Yeah. Everything’s just fine.” you lied. Zayn seemed to believe you. The rest of the day together was quite awkward for you. After lunch you went out to the park. Zayn was just showing Perrie around town as well and such. She put on a pretty believable act as if she liked you. You could tell that she wasn’t fond of you obviously. She was all over him. Holding his hand, hugging him, kissing him. It made you feel a little uncomfortable. Finally, your day came to an end. “Alright now. _____ and I must get back to the flat.” Zayn told her. “Oh alright then!” she said perky. What a liar. “Bye love.” Zayn said as he hugged and kissed her goodbye. She smiled. When she looked at you her smile faded. “Ummm.. Bye Perrie.” you said awkwardly. “Bye ____! Nice meeting you love.” she said as she pulled you into a big hug. You couldn’t believe how well of an actress she was. You hugged her back hesitantly. You both let go. “Alright. Call me later.” she said to Zayn. “Alright darling. Love you.” he said as he hugged her once more. “Love you too. Bye!” she cheered as she walked to her car.

     Zayn smiled and waved as you made your seperate ways. You got into the van all by yourslef, not lookg at Zayn or saying anything. Zayn went in shortly after you and buckled himself in. You said nothing. “So? How was it?” he asked. You swallowed. The thought of what she said to you haunted you. You didn’t want to hurt Zayn in any way. So you lied. This time you had to make it believable. “She’s very lovely. Thank you for taking me to meet her.” you smiled. Shockingly, Zayn believed you. All he did was smile, take your hand in his and started driving back home. You kept on replaying the words she said to you in your mind. To keep your distance away from him and know that he was her’s, not yours. She was an unbelievably good actress. But that didn’t matter. Those words she said. It really really hurt you. You just didn’t want to tell Zayn just yet. With the acception of Zayn asked you an occasional question once and a while, you didn’t speak the whole ride back.