Spotting Love 13

Helloo my mushrooms!!!

Check out the song over there it's What the Hell by Aril Lavigne and i am obsessed with it at the moment so give it a listen XD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This update is slightly longer than usual or it was in my word document anyway. I spent hours on it so i hope you like it and you don't foret to VOTE AND COMMENTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I became aware of a pounding throb in the back of my head. I squeezed my eyes together trying to block out the pain.

-Where am I?

 My mind seemed to be coming in and out of focus almost like a badly tuned radio with thoughts becoming louder and quieter, clearer and blurrier. I tried to clear my mind so I could work out where I was. I felt very confused. I knew something very significant had happened but all i could remember was feeling so lost and depressed. 

I pulled my thoughts back to the present and managed to focus on the uneven cool surface beneath me and the slightly chilly air with a slight breeze was playing with my hair so I assumed I was outside.

With what felt like inhuman effort I yanked my eyes open, black dots burst in front of my eyes but soon cleared and I managed to focus on my surroundings. There were hundreds of blades of yellowish grass filling most of my vision right in front of me I couldn’t see much else when suddenly a familiar face filled my vision.

“Chrissie?” I squeezed my eyes shut against the voice, it seemed to echo 100 times louder through my head and the pounding increased to an almost unbearable level.  A wave of nausea swept through me, turning my stomach and I had to take a deep breath through my mouth to try and calm it again. “Are you ok?” I couldn’t focus on what he said as another massive wave of nausea had just swept through my entire body. I quickly rolled onto all fours just before my stomach emptied itself noisily on to the parched grass. I fell back against the grass my eyes sliding shut with an almost discernable groan, carefully avoiding the contents of my stomach, feeling drained and pale.

I found I could focus more easily now and the pounding had become bearable again. My eyes flickered open and I saw the starry night sky above me, I blinked a few times to clear my head and heaved myself into a more dignified sitting position. My eyes fell on Alex who was sitting there frowning at me worriedly but when he noticed I was looking his face became carelly blank. But I still felt a glow of pure happiness pulse through my chest warming my insides at the sight of him, I squashed it quickly. and looked away from him scared he would see it in my eyes.

-What the hell was that?

I saw in the corner of my eye that Alex was frowning at me. His usually smooth forehead was creased and his eyebrows were pushed together as he looked at me.

“I feel kind of ok.” I said uncertainly. It sounded more like a question. The creases on his forehead only deepened and his eyebrows pushed even closer together, I obviously hadn’t convinced him he had a disbelieving look on his face. Then his face suddenly smoothed out and I felt a stab of worry. 

-Why did he look so lifeless? What had happened? His lips parted and he seemed to take a deep breath.

“Chrissie are you alright?" He sounded almost impatient.

Out of the blue I got an image of a bare stone room with a boarded up window and a pair of hazel eyes the image sent a pulse of terror down my spine. I mentally shook my head to get rid of the picture and forced a small smile to prove I was okay.

“Yes, I think so.”  He still didn't look utterly convinced so I stood up trying with all my might to look composed and cool when inside my mind was beginning to reel at what had just happened and making my head throb worse. 

I remembered the man like a tree-trunk, he had caught me in the alleyway. They had locked me up. I recalled the man with the hazel eyes. He wanted to stop Alex's gang. Alex was in a gang!

-This sort of stuff didn’t really happen in the real world did it? What if they come back for me? What if they some for one of my family?

My breathing was becoming faster as all of the terrible possibilities began occurring to me ad I was oblivious to everything around me. Suddenly I felt a warm hand on my shoulder steadying me. I looked at him he had an almost weary look in his eye and when I caught his eye he looked down.

“Why don’t you call your parents?” He suggested still studying the ground. I wondered why he was acting so weird and why he wouldn't look at me. Then it occurred to me he had guessed i was starting to like him a little too much and was trying to show that he didn't like me that way. I felt a feeling of hopelessness wash over me.

-Of course he doesn't like you! No one does that's just your life and you need to deal with it!

I remembered that I was meant to be calling my parents so I searched my pockets for my phone but came up empty then I remembered that I had either lost it or had it taken from me when I was captured. Even after everything that happened this still made my stomach drop.

-How do I tell my parents I lost my phone? They’ll be so annoyed with me.

I bit my lip and was shocked to taste the irony tang of blood on the end of my tongue. I didn’t think people actually bit their lip that hard in real life but now I was almost in a story-like situation I could see how you could do it. My thoughts seemed to become slightly foggy for a moment then but quickly cleared again.

“Chrissie?” Alex’s voice broke through my mental ramblings and I tried to focus back in on him. “Do you need to borrow my phone?” He still seemed fascinated by the ground. As i looked down my head became foggy.

“Err…what?” I said stupidly. I was starting to feel more disorientated, my head was spinning and the back of my head was still throbbing. There seemed to be blackness rimming my head and creeping in to my vision. I tried to push it away but it was so powerful and I was so weary. It was clouding more and more of my mind. I heard Alex saying my name but I couldn’t seem to remember how to move my lips to answer. Suddenly his face came into my bleary vision and I found new strength. I pushed the darkness to the corners of my mind.

“Chrissie.” Alex’s arm suddenly appeared across my shoulders and I felt a glow that filled me with warmth and power. “Do you know your mum’s number?”

“Yes, pass me your phone I can do it.” He tossed his phone into my waiting hand and I saw surprise break through his mask at the strength in my voice followed by suspiciousness.

“Are you alright, Chrissie, for real?” He asked.

“I’m fine now but I’ve got to explain everything to my mum now so wish me luck!”

“Oh yeah before you call her we need a back up story. You were coming out of Mcdonalds when you bumped into me and we got talking and lost track of time. Okay?" He sounded empty and I felt a roll of pain go through me,

“Okay.” I punched the familiar number into the touch screen keypad and put the phone to my ear. It rang a couple of times before someone picked it up.

“Hello, who is this?” My mum sounded distracted. I realised with a prick of guilt that it was probably because she was worried about me.

-Okay, Chrissie focus and stick to the story.

“Hello mum.........It’s Chrissie.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one thing to say to you lovely people

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!! 

Okay i lied i have something else to say......................................................... I was thinking if i get enough votes and comments i'll do a 10 page chapter next time sooo lets say 5 votes and 5 comments at the very, very least. I've got over 4000 reads so let's see if we can do it xx

Love StevieRae xxx