oo2. 𝘉𝘐𝘛𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘙𝘌𝘜𝘕𝘐𝘖𝘕𝘚

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CREEPS, WEIRDOS, DRUNK people-those were the types that Estela expected. Not a person who belonged in her last, and certainly not him.

Then suddenly, it was like she was watching that Robin video all over again, except this time she was witnessing it up close-complete with a front row screening and her own pair of 3D glasses.

"Hi," he said quietly, and her knees almost threatened to buckle beneath her.

But Estela didn't reply. For the first time in her life, she was rendered utterly speechless, still staring at the ghost of Dick Grayson like an idiot.

Truthfully, she wasn't sure how to react. A part of her wanted to weep, another wanted to punch him until his nose bled. Some other part told her to stay calm and pretend as if his presence didn't faze her at all.

But she knew that wasn't true.

The two of them stood there, hearts hammering in their chests and just one step away from each other's orbit. Both brutally aware of the atmosphere they created as they took their time to look each other.

To Estela, it was like studying artwork. One created out of heartache and nostalgia, evoking feelings so strong that she almost-almost-shed a tear.

To Dick, it felt like a lover's embrace. It made him want to drop down to his knees and confess his sins as he begged for forgiveness; begged for her saving grace.

A girl stepped from behind him, one with raven hair with hints of an electric blue, and stuck her hand out to Estela. "Hi, I'm Rachel."

Rachel Roth knew who Estela Muñoz was the moment first met Dick Grayson and held hand. She was the person that plagued his dreams and memories, a piece of his heart personified into this one woman that he would bring down buildings for.

Estela snapped out of her reverie, face flaming a little upon realizing that she'd been having a pathetic little staring contest with the man she swore to never think of again. Her gaze landed on Rachel, who still had her hand out for a handshake.

She managed a smile. "Estela Muñoz."

And that handshake was all Rachel needed to know that she hadn't completely moved on from Dick Grayson after at all.

"Can we come in?" Dick asked her, still with the same quiet tone.

Estela swallowed thickly and moved aside, silently gesturing into her apartment before closing the door and locking it.