Dazai didn't miss a beat "Please do."

Kunikida looked about ready to rip his hair out as he twisted around to stalk to his desk, grumbling along the way.

Dazai smirked, though it fell when he felt the steady breathing against his hair. He could easily drop the Chibi, though that wasn't the issue... How would he convince the agency to watch him while he took care of some dirty work?

"Good morning!" Atsushi called, waving from his desk.

Ah, there was his solution.

"Morning~" Dazai waved back, plucking Chuuya from off of his shoulders and setting him down onto the couch. The child shuffled around to the new adjustment but didn't open his eyes.

Dazai pulled off Chuuya's rain boots and set them on the floor before going to sit at his own desk. Atsushi eyed the bags that Dazai lugged onto his desk. "What are the bags for?..."

"Oh, these?" Dazai asked innocently "Babysitting supplies."

Atsushi nodded in understanding "Oh, I suppose you need them to watch Chuuya-san."

"Well actually, they're for you guys. I am leaving him under the care of the agency for today!" Dazai announced, the agency members slowly turning in his direction with equal looks of hostility on their faces.

"I don't think so" Kunikida yelled "He is your assignment, you can't just dump your work on us!"

"But we were attacked yesterday and I don't feel safe leaving the Chibi home alone all day whilst I deal with his pursuers~" Dazai clapped his hands together, giving everyone his puppy eyes.

Kunikida always found them unnerving.

Atsushi was the first to break "I agree with Dazai-san, it would be irresponsible to take a child with him on a mission."

"See? Atsushi gets it. He's so kind hearted~"

Atsushi flushed a deep red color at the compliment while the rest of the agency stared at the interaction, unimpressed.

Finally, Kunikida turned back to his laptop, adjusting his glasses. "Fine, do what you want. I will not be involved in your shenanigans."

Ah, the stamp of approval.

Dazai dumped the bags onto Atsushi's desk "all you need is here. There's a squirt bottle full of water for if he does anything bad. Actually, just squirt him every ten minutes or so, I promise you he enjoys it. Then there's the ice cream, make sure to give him the chocolate flavor, it's his favorite. Don't forget about the child leash, he loves it and is trying to start a new fashion statement. When he wakes up don't be afraid to tie the leash to a pole and watch him struggle."

Atsushi nodded along hastily, head spinning with all of the information.

And like a whirlwind, Dazai exited the agency with a halfhearted wave over his shoulder. (And a not so halfhearted pat to Chuuya's head, though none of them would mention it.)

"So... what do we do with him?" Atsushi asked once Dazai left.

"Just let him sleep for the whole day so that he doesn't bother us," Ranpo spoke up from his desk, unraveling yet another candy wrapper.

Atsushi sighed "I don't think that's how it works Ranpo-san."

Ranpo shrugged, sticking the lollipop in his mouth.

"You're no help" Atsushi mumbled under his breath, moving to retrieve the blanket that Dazai had thoughtfully packed in the bag. Huh, maybe he wasn't that bad of a babysitter as Atsushi had originally thought.