chapter 1

It's already 5:50 pm, we have to be there by 6:30 pm but Rita is not yet ready . Yesterday, she made me buy a blue strapped maxi while she bought a red strapless knee length frock. I stand in front of my mirror and an entirely different me stares back. Hannah fish braided my long jet black hair and I wear my lucky butterfly necklace. Rita calls me from our guest room.

" lav you are exceptionally beautiful today. "

"Only today huh" I say feigning hurt.

"Didn't I say exceptional"

"Ok. Compliment accepted. And even you too are so cuute."

"Plzz tell me which goes well with this dress these ball flats or these high heels?"she asks me

"I think those heels are good"

"Ty. I am going to wear these flats"

"Then why to ask my opinion. "

"Because your fashion choices are pathetic"

"Idiot...those are Trista's heels right"

"Yes, I asked her permission and so you are going to wear it."

"But.."

"No buts . Anyways it goes well with your dress so wear it noow." I wear it all the while mumbling.

"Good"

"Girls it's 6:10 are you leaving or staying back" she pauses and looks at us,"You both are really fabulous. Behave yourselves and be careful, Lav don't forget to come before 10:00 and call me after getting there,  understood. "

"Understood Hannah, goodbye. "

We decide to take my BMW and Rita drives it. The soirée is in a Dutch hotel and the hotel is a 10 min drive from our house. So, I hope we make it on time. I look out the window, fidgeting with my seat belt. I am nervous for this is my first party. I lower my window because I feel like I am hyperventilating.

" lav dear you are letting the AC out" I decide to ignore her.

"Uncle Richard will be waiting for us in the lobby with our passes." She says.

Uncle Richard is my father's bro. , Trista's new movie's director and producer. He was my father's backbone. He is also a reason for my mom to send me here. We reach the hotel, it is very big with four blocks and in one of the block is today's soirée. The parking lot is full and so it takes time to park. We enter the hotel's lobby and spot my uncle talking with a young couple. Seeing us he bids them farewell and approaches us.

"Hello Lav and Rita. We have to go to 13th floor in block A. By the way here are your passes, show these only when asked." He says handing over our passes. He takes us to the elevator in block A. On the way so many people greet him. We take the elevator to 13th floor. It is a huge elevator for along with us there  are 25 others.

"Why are you both late ?Trista was expecting you to come early." Uncle asks me.

"Er..anyway I made it on time that's what matters, uncle"

"Very smart"

At 13th floor, he takes us down few corridors and we finally reach the hall. We make our way to the table reserved for us.

"You both be careful. I have work to do"

"Thank you , uncle. See you soon and congrats I heard your movie came out well."

"Ty lav. Bye."

This hall is fully decorated with flowers, a treat for the onlookers eyes. The tables are occupied by families and friends of the film crew.