Chapter 12 - 10 Months

Start from the beginning

"I didn't break anything, we're here for Young Izuku's appointment." Toshinori exclaimed, slightly flustered at the old lady's words.

"Oh right, so this is the kid?" RG said looking at Izuku. "Well kid, take a seat. You're going to be here for quite some time."

For the next 30 minutes, Izuku underwent basic tests for his senses and reactions to stimuli. At the end of the 30 minute test period, RG gave her initial Diagnosis for Izuku. "Your senses work just fine, apart from your eyes, you have what we call Myopia, which means you can't see things that are far with clarity. I'll write you your prescribed power for your glasses and you can get them made at any shop, however, I also recommend getting a set of lenses for when you are involved in physical activity. Now I have to conduct a few more tests and for that I'll need you to remove your shirts and your pant." RG told him. Izuku complied regardless, but internally was extremely embarrassed

Once izuku had removed most of his clothes, RG saw the numerous scars that were on the boy's body and was shocked. Some of the scars were shaped like explosions, others were burn marks and the remains of frostbite or ice burns.

RG did her best to not react as she completed her check-up. "Kid, could you tell me where these scars are from, I'll need to record these in your medical data base so I'd prefer if you told me the truth."

Inside Izuku's head, he froze up completely. To prevent Izuku's body from blacking out Magik took control over his body, while Emma went through Izuku's memories to see the origin of these scars. This was the first time the group actually went through his memories since they didn't want to invade his privacy. And Izuku's past shocked them a lot, they knew it was bad but they didn't know how bad it actually was. They had never see Izuku's body as they would temporarily leave the 'console room' that controlled Izuku's body when he was in the bathroom.

"Those scars are from when I was bullied." Izuku answered. "The scars that look like burns are from my sister, Izumi, and the Todoroki twins. The explosion scars are from the Bakugou twins and the ice burn scars are also from the Todoroki twins." RG knew about Izuku's lack of emotions and the true nature of Phoenix Force but even then Izuku's cold voice when he spoke about his past scared her.

"Alright, put your clothes back on. I'm done with your check-up." RG told him. "I'll call Yagi in and let him know of my findings while you get your clothes back on."

RG left to call Toshinori back inside and fill him in on what she had found. Most of it wasn't anything new for the blond pro as this had already been brought up while the 2 trained. RG then gave the blond Izuku's prescription for glasses. "You should really take all of this up in a court case Yagi. There is enough compelling evidence to strip Blaze of his hero title at the very least, not to mention the fact that the 5 kids could be debarred from applying to hero schools." RG told him. "And his old medical reports show that he has broken his arms a few times and I'm guessing all of that was from the bullying. You know how bad it can be at times, haven't you ever talked to him about this?"

"I know, but Izuku wants to be the greater person and not get back at them for what they did, he does want the world to know what Hisashi did but I don't think he wants to do it this way." Toshinori told the woman.

"Alright, at the end of the day it's the kids choice. Get him those glasses and contacts at the earliest or his condition might worsen if delayed." RG told him as Izuku came back, wearing clothes.

"Thanks for the help, Chiyo." Toshinori told the older woman, bowing to her.

"No need for that, just don't break anything for at least the next 5 months and that will be a good enough thanks." RG told the blond man. "Now, leave so I can complete the work that you interrupted."

End of Flashback.

And that was how Izuku got glasses. His contacts are blue in colour and he wears them whenever he goes outside to prevent getting recognised by the people that knew him.

The months after this were a blur as Izuku would train and study for the entrance exams, meeting his mother once a week and spending some much-needed time with her. He would show her his notebooks and his test scores, which were A+ across the board since he now didn't have to worry about his mother getting hurt and his notebooks getting burned, frozen or exploded by his sister, cousins or the Bakugou twins.

During this time, he would spend nights chatting away with the girl he had saved, Ochako Uraraka. The two would go from chatting at nights to meeting once or twice a week and spending time together.

Flashback – The first time Izuku and Ochako meet each other (After the Sludge Incident)

Ochako – Hey, Izuku, I was thinking we should meet sometime.

Izuku – Sure, how about we meet up this weekend at Central Park in Mei Prefecture?

Ochako – That's right next to my house. Would 10 be alright?"

Izuku – Sure. We'll meet by the west entrance?

Ochako – Sure.

Following the Saturday, Izuku took the train to Mei Prefecture. He then walked to the west entrance of the park, waiting for Ochako.

"Uhhh... Izuku?" a female voice called from behind him.

"Ochako?" Izuku questioned, his voice being cold as per usual.

"Hey, nice to finally meet you once again." Ochako greeted him. "Thanks for saving me that day." Ochako thanked him.

"Its not an issue, any true hero would have done what I did." Izuku told her. "Let's go inside?"

"Sure." Ochako said, as she followed Izuku into the park.

The two spent a few hours, getting to know each other and had fun.

"This was fun Izuku!" Ochako exclaimed as they walked towards Ochako's home.

"Yeah, it's the most fun I've had in a few years." Izuku told her.

"Say, Izuku, you say you had fun but I didn't see you laugh at all only a few smiles was all that saw." Ochako told him. "Why is that?"

"Oh that's a side effect of my quirk, the lack of emotions is a sort of contingency against me losing control in dire scenarios." Izuku told her.

"So what happens when you lose control?" Ochako asked him, curiously. "Not that I want you to lose control, it's just that I was curious."

"It's alright, but I don't know what would happen." Izuku told her.

"O-Oh, but you should smile a bit more, it would look good on you." Ochako told him as she stopped. "Well, this is my house. Bye, Izuku."

"Bye, Ochako." Izuku told her as she went into her house.

The two would continue meeting occasionally. About 8 months after the sludge incident, and 5 months after their meeting in Central Park, Izuku decided to tell Ochako about his family. The topic was a sore spot for the green-haired boy but he trusted the girl enough to let her in on the secrets. He obviously left the part about the true nature of his quirk out, telling her everything and even taking her to meet Toshinori and his mom.

Life had finally taken a turn for the better for Izuku and before you knew it, Izuku was standing at the entrance of UA, looking at the building, ready for his entrance exam, ready for his time at UA, and ready for his future as a hero in training.