Grandma then pushed passed her and was about to go to the living room.

"Granny, are we that poor? Do we really need the rent? If so, tell me how much the rent is. I will get part time jobs and get you as much as that every month.."

Grandma turned around and looked at her and smiled softly,"It's not about the money, Jian."

"Then what is it about?"

"Our house, it's so bleak and humorless. You are always stuck to your phone. And I am always sick. We need someone cheerful and bright like him in our house to lighten the atmosphere of the house. And he's such a good boy.."

"Good boy,"Jian scoffed,"Yeah, right."

"You don't know how nice and kind he is. Seeing him volunteer these 5 days were enough.."

"You know what, I don't want to know."

Grandma smiled and turned round,"Oh and, I want someone to look after you the nights I spend in hospital. I'm always worried about you staying home alone those nights."

"How is me staying alone at home with a complete stranger any safer than being alone?" Jian asked.

"Call it an elderly's intuition, I think this Baekhyun is a really great guy. I have that feeling and I have seen the world enough to know that."

"Great guy, sure,"Jian repeated, feeling lost. She knows she wouldn't be able to persuade her grandma this time, it's as if she is spellbound.

"We are done talking on this topic. Baekhyun stays,"Grandma said before walking out of the kitchen and to her lovely Baekhyun.

Jian rolled her eyes and followed her, throwing glares at Baekhyun. What did he even do at the elderly day center to grab grandma's attention like that? And grabbing grandma's attention was his plan, right? So that he could live here?

Why does he want to live here anyway?

Baekhyun was acting so sweet and kind infront of her grandma, it was giving her serious cringe. This is the same guy who had pointed a real gun at her just a few nights ago, threatening to kill her. Who would believe that seeing him right now?

"It would be amazing if I could see my room again,"Baekhyun said while keeping his teacup on the table.

Jian scoffed. 'My room?"

Baekhyun beard that, looked at her with a smile and said,"Jian-ah, would you mind showing me the room again?"

Her grandma knew she was going to say something passive aggressive so she jumped right in,"Baekhyun, don't worry about her. I will show y.."

But Jian had seen this opportunity to be alone with this Baekhyun guy and give him a piece of her mind and probably try to figure out what the hell is he up to.

She fake smiled,"I will show you. Come with me, Baekhyun-sshi."

Baekhyun smiled. Looks like he was also looking for this opportunity. He got up,"Let's go."

Jian crossed her arms and led him to the stairs and from the stairs to the roof, where the rooftop room is.

After following Jian into her precious rooftop gaming room which was cramped with gaming items, consoles, albums and some furniture, Baekhyun sat comfortably on the bed. He dropped his good boy act as soon as they were alone.

Jian leaned against the closed door and asked looking straight at him,"What's your big plan, Mr. I-break-into-other-people's-houses?"

Baekhyun chuckled,"You really have no fear, do you?"