Part 36

We all walked out onto the grass where the boys were already out, sitting on benches, playing basketball and casually talking.

I looked around for Robby but couldn't see him anywhere so I figured I could sit at the empty table that was in front of me until I saw him. I watched the girls that I saw before continue irritating the other girl, nothing bad just a bit of pushing and making fun of her.

I turned my focus on something else, a few boys playing basketball, most of which were dark skinned and a couple skinnier white boys versing them and it was obvious who was winning. I was knocked out of my view when Robby sat in front of me smiling. I instantly smiled back at the sight of him, even though we only hadn't seen each other for a few hours, we haven't actually been that long apart from each other in the past couple of weeks.

"So how is it, I mean I would hug you and all but we aren't aloud to touch each other" Robby looked over to the guards who were all standing around, not lifting their eyes off everyone. "It's okay, I get it. So how has it been with you?" I knew it wasn't to be going that well but I didn't really know what else to say. "Well not the greatest but I'm dealing with it" I nodded and looked down at my feet.

"Robby, I'm really sorry if I had of known what my mom was gonna do I would've never of put you in this situation" Robby was about to answer until those same guys that were playing basketball approached us. I looked up at all off them while the stood around us, a little bit scared.

"Can I help you?" I asked sarcastically as they hadn't said a word for at least 20 seconds of being here. "I don't know can you" the biggest on in the middle asked. "Well if you don't start talking then no I can't... dickhead" I said the last part under my breath hoping anyone of them didn't hear. "Ooo she got a mouth on her, ayo robby you might wanna control your bitch"

Without knowing my fists clenched under the table and Robby stood up. "Just leave us alone, okay?" I looked to my left to see that a few guards were starting to move closer to us and those guys had obviously realised to so they all backed off a little. "You got out of it this time but next time you might not be so lucky white boy" they all walked off and started playing basketball again and Robby sat back down.

"What just happened?" I didn't know why those guys had come up to us and why were they being such idiots. "They're these guys who pick on this other kid, see that one over there" Robby pointed to a scrawny, lanky kid with glasses on who definitely did not look like he belonged here, I wonder what he did?

"So I stuck up for him and they got a little defensive" Robby said shortly. "What do you mean defensive what did they do?"

"Well they couldn't actually hurt me but now I don't have my book that I could read and they took my pillow" I held back my laughter because Robby was actually being serious. "Aw are you okay?" I tried to ask in a serious voice. "I'm fine. What about you? How is it in there?"

"Not much, everyone just keeps to themselves a lot, no one really talks too much" I said telling them half truth. It was silent for a couple minutes until I decided to speak up. "I know it's only been a couple of hours but I miss you" I held his hand under the table so no one could see. "I've missed you too. I really wanna kiss you right now" dang I really just wanted to lean in and kiss him but I knew I couldn't.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE TIMES UP LETS GO!" The main guard called out and Robby let go of my hand before we both got up and stood in a line. The boy and girls were both facing each other and Robby and I were staring at each other before my guards told us to walk inside. I broke eye contact and followed the girl in front of me inside where I sat on my bed playing with a thread from my pants.

I saw the girl who was being picked on walking past me. "Hey!" I called out in time for her to notice me. "Just wondering if you're okay. I've been seeing what was happening and yeah" she came walking over to me skeptically. "Oh I'm fine, they always do it, have for the past couple of weeks" she said looking down at the ground.

"Why do you take their shit, just hit one of them or something" she sat on the edge of my bed. "Yeah, no way do you know how many friends she has in here? I'd be dead in 10 minutes if I did that"

"Yeah, I guess your right but just don't listen to them, they're just a bunch of bitches who have a whole ass tantrum if they don't get their way, honestly it's pathetic and if I could beat the shit out of them, lord knows I would"

"What was that?" I looked over to my left and shit. Of course they were listening. The girl quickly got off my bed and ran away from us. "Yeah, you better run" the 'leader' of the pack said.

"So" she came and walked up the the edge of my bed, her little girlies following behind her. "Did I hear that right? I was a pathetic bitch?" She said leaning down right in my face. "Yeah, you heard right" I tried to sound unbothered but honestly I wasn't overly confident right now. I was about to turn my head to look at her but before I could get there a fist collided with my nose into the wall behind me. At first i couldn't feel anything but then another fist upon another fist continued colliding with my face until I heard people yelling and the girls were pulled off me.

My whole face was throbbing, it was like I couldn't feel anything but pain and then that was all I remember.