That Girl

03-04-15

May nagsabi sa’yo, “Ang ganda mo. Ang talented mo. Ang funny and witty mo. Siguro kung alam lang nila ‘yung personality mo deep inside, mas mahaba pa sa pila sa NFA rice o kaya pila sa NSO ‘yung lalaking manunuyo sa’yo, mapasagot ka lang.”

Hindi ka pa umiiyak dahil sa isang lalaki. May nagsabi sa’yo, “Ang swerte ng taong mamahalin mo. ‘Yung unang lalaking iiyakan mo.”

Single ka at no-boyfriend-since-birth, may nagsabi sa’yo, “Bakit? As in never?” na para bang ayaw nilang maniwala.

You write stories, and you make your readers giddy with the sappy love stories you create. But those stories were all fictional, and they’ll ask you, “Single ka? Why? You write beautifully that it made me think it happened in reality.”

You’re a firm believer of forever and destiny – kahit pa karamihan ay hindi naniniwala sa ganoon.

You love to read. You love, love itself. Hindi ka naman bitter sa Valentine’s.

You’re patient. You’re simple. There are few people who admire you. You love coffee, and you know that you’ll enjoy the caffeine-fueled conversation even if it takes several of hours.

You love to listen to feel-good-kilig-filled songs. Mahilig kang manuod ng romance movies.

You love hugs and kisses. You love letters, chocolates, and poems. You love conversations.

You don’t easily give up, and you love to listen.

You love it when someone constantly reminds you that you’re special – that you’re loved.

Mababaw ang kaligayahan mo. Madali kang mapatawa. Madali kang maging masaya.

Hindi ka takot sa commitment.

And you believe that even you’re have flaws or imperfections – that you’re still beautiful.

You know that you’re capable to love and be loved.

You’re generous in expressing your feelings. When you care, ipinapakita mo. Kapag mahal mo, you make them feel that you do.

May nagsabi sa’yo, “You’re a girlfriend material.”

They say you’re nurturing. They say you’re someone to be admired.

But at the same time, ironically - ikaw ‘yung walang boyfriend. Ikaw ‘yung mag-isa sa sinehan, at sa kainan, ikaw ‘yung walang date tuwing Valentine’s.

You’re the girl no one actually dates.

--

A/N: Inspired by an essay from Thought Catalog, “The Girl Who Everyone Wants To Marry, But No One Actually Dates” by Alexis Christy