𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 3

7 months later

I finally recovered from the hospital and I'm now staying at an orphanage. There are other orphans with me because I can hear voices from them. The orphanage is kind of noisy too which means there are orphans just playing around the orphanage. But I heard a conversation from a couple orphans and they seem to be talking about me and my blindness.

"Isn't she the blind girl?" One of them asked another.

"Yeah. I don't think this orphanage ever had any blind orphans. I don't think there are parents that want to adopt her," The other orphan answered.

"What makes you think that?" The next orphan curiously asked.

"Duh what do you think is the reason? She's blind! It's hard for parents to take care of blind children. I think she'll stay here for her whole life," the orphan started laughing and the other orphans laughed along.

Will I really be in this orphanage for a lifetime? Are parents not really going to adopt me due to my blindness? I tried my best to not lose hope and to not believe what those orphans are saying. It seems like these orphans don't want to be friends with me because of my blindness so there's no point in asking if I should be friends with any. So I just remained by myself and not doing anything. Time passed by and I heard voices of parents coming by to adopt the children in this orphanage. It seems like I'm not being called in because the person that owns this orphanage isn't calling me. The orphanage got quieter and quieter which means a lot of orphans are getting adopted and I'm eventually the only orphan here.

Time Skip

I was really getting bored staying in this orphanage and I wanted to go outside. So I tried to exit my room and ask the receptionist who usually stays at her desk.

"Can I go outside for a while? I just want to take a walk and have some fresh air at least."

"Alright fine," she sighed. "But I will have my guard dog go with you so that he can watch over you and guide you back here."

I had no choice but to agree because she wants to make sure that I come back safe since I'm blind.

"Bring me your hand," I heard her say.

I got pretty confused to why she said that but I decided to do what she says and give her my hand. She grabbed my hand and placed an object on my hand. It felt like a leash, so it seems like she gave me the leash that's attached to her dog.

"You must always hold on to this leash. Don't ever let it go," she told me with a worrying tone.

"Yes ma'am," I assured her that I'll come back safely.

She finally let me leave the orphanage and I started taking a walk around the area. I'm holding my walking stick with my left hand and the leash with my right hand. As I was walking, I felt the fresh air coming to me. It felt so good and it felt like I haven't gone outside in so long. I continued to walk around and enjoy being outside but as I was walking around and moving my stick to guide me, I felt someone trip on my stick. I got so shocked and concerned that I wanted to make sure that the person is okay. So I stopped walking and tried to help the person even though I'm blind.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry," I said as I blindly touched their shoulder to try to help the person get up.

But as I tried to help them get up, I got rejected and pushed away which caused me to stumble backwards and fall over.