Prologue

"Marinette, I thought I could trust you..." Chloe spat at her, clenching her palm into a fist, "But of course you were the fake friend... All... Along..." Marinette couldn't believe a single word she released off her tongue.

"C-Chlo-" Marinette paused as Chloe pushed her to the ground, spraining her wrist. The entire class surrounded them like a brawl fight was occurring... The bluenette glanced at her wrist, then back at the blonde, teary eyed.

"You have no right to call me by that nickname Dupain-Cheng! You're so worthless!" A kid ran off into the school building, shouting profanities at the teachers. Marinette's heart shattered. 'Is this what it feels like to lose a friend?'

MARINETTE'S POV

I awoke from the nightmare, panting, drenched in sweat. Five years... Five years and I still can't forget it. As if it were a nightmare... "Mari, sweetie are you alright darling?" I heard my father speak below the ladder.

I rubbed my eyes and responded, "Don't worry dad, I'm fine!" Just then it hit me... The nickname... 'Mari... Why do I miss her so much? Why do I still feel this pain?' It didn't take long before I felt tears pour down my face like a faucet.

'It's pointless now... She just bullies me with Lila...' I stood up and sighed, stretching my arms behind my head and heading to the shower.

***

"Hey! What's up gurl?" I turned around. It was Alya, a smile plastered onto her face. "I just updated the blog! I still wonder who Ladybug is. For all I know, it could be you..." My heart beat increased rapidly, the suspense increasing slowly.

"N-No! Why would it be me? Why'd you even think it'd be me?" I giggled nervously. Obviously it was me... The pigtails, the blue hair.. Everyone's so oblivious. She laughed back at me.

"I know it's not you. And you'd never lie to me anyways, right?" She glared at me, grinning softly. "You are a generous soul Mari, and I'm blessed to have you as my BFFL." I chuckled to myself as she left.

Just then, I heard a familiar voice appear from behind me. I turn around to be shoved into the room next to me. "Hey Dupain-Cheng!" It was Chloe... Why now? 'I need to leave now, I'm going to be late.' "Get your head out your ass Mari..." 'Did she call me Mari?' She looked away, with a red tint on her face.

"What do you want Chloe?" I asked seriously, shaking the thought out my head. She pushed me to the ground and climbed on top of me, raising her fist to punch me, or so I thought...

A/N: Yes, I know the prologue was short this chapter, but it's supposed to give a bit of context of the story and it's future. And yes, you probably don't know why the fight started in the beginning, not yet anyway. You learn more about why the fight started later on into the storyline, thank you for reading.
-Author

<3