It provided some form of normalcy, but she couldn't help that ache in her chest, the unpleasant tightness. She left the room walking to Andrew nursery. Adele slept in the bed next to his crib and she wished it was her. If she wasn't in so much pain Michael would let her be by her son's side.

She looked at her sleeping baby, he was such a good baby hardly ever cried unlike his sister Bria who cried constantly, when she was a baby. She wondered if Andrew knew that he had his father to keep him safe when with Bria it was just her. 

Adele shifted in the bed.

"Mrs Corazón you're supposed to be in bed," she said, getting up and her face looked tired. Valentina shook  her head.

"Don't get up, Adele I'm fine," 

"Does Mr. Corazon know you're up?" She shook her head again.

"I'm fine, go back to bed. I'm just looking at Andrew. I miss him so much." She said feeling annoyed because Adele had still gotten up from her bed and placed her hands around Valentina guiding her to her room. 

They were in the middle of the hall when Michael showed up, Valentina wondered if she had woken him. His wavy hair was disheveled, and he wore only his pajama pants. 

"Adele go back to bed, I'll take her to her bed," he said which only got Valentina furious. Was  she so some invalid who couldn't wander on her own. She rolled her eyes as Michael took her into his arms. 

He smelt of whiskey.

"Michael, I can walk to the room on my own you know!" She felt his grip tighten around her.

"I know you can," he said his voice low 

"I just don't want you too," 

"Why?" She asked, almost raising her voice. It was because it was so early in the morning that she didn't want to yell, and it was because of the way Michael looked that made her not want to argue with him.

He placed her onto the bed gently as if she could break. 

"Do you need anything?" Michael asked her, looking at her with those green eyes of his. 

"I honestly can use a bath, I feel so sticky, and uncomfortable."

"You're covered in bandages, Val." 

"I know, but I feel so dirty, and those wipe down at the hospital hardly helped. I need to be covered in water, and bubbles, gosh!" She rambled on as Michael looked at her. 

"You can't have a bath until you're properly healed especially, the c section." He said firmly and she grimaced.

"Well the usual shower would do." Michael nodded at her and left to get her stuff from her hospital bag. 

Valentina sat up at the corner of her bed looking at her C-section scar. It looked red and angry against her caramel skin. She felt the raised skin and flinched at it's tenderness

Michael returned with new bandages for the wound on her shoulders, and rested it on the bed next to her. 

He then stretched out his hands so that she could hold on to him as he pulled her to her feet. 

Valentina let her white nightgown drop to the floor and put her right arm around her bare breasts. He arched his brow at her while removing the old bandage from her shoulder.

"Funny, you're hiding from me," he said, his voice low, and when the bandage was off Valentina rushed to the bathroom in her room, closing the door behind her. 

What's wrong with you, Val she said to herself as she turned the shower head watching as the water streams to her delight. 

She placed her head under it and sighs. This was not going to be for long she thought as she lathers her skin with some unscented antibacterial soap. 

"You're being too long!" Michael said from outside the bathroom causing her to sigh again.

"I'm coming out now!" She washed the soap away and grabbed a white towel patting herself dry. Everything seemed to ache not only her body but her heart and mind. 

For fuck sake she almost died! Those words keep repeating in her mind. What would have happened if she died she shudders to think of not seeing her Bria again or meeting her new baby. 

Or him

She heard the door knob twist as if Michael heard her thoughts and she turned to face him wrapping the towel around her. She hadn't noticed she was crying and Michael walked to her pulling her to him.

That's when she lost it bursting into tears into his arms.