"Are you alright?" Gentle said. He grabbed Deku's shoulder and steadied him.

"Maybe" Deku said and stared at the blood on his hand. "I don't think I overused any quirks." He opened a portal. "Let's just get this beast back to the base."

Another rumble went through the base as Gentle entered the massive chamber. By the door stood a grinning Deku and in the other end laid an exhausted Gigantomachia.

"How much energy does that monster have?" Gentle said.

"Less than I expected, but that's not the worst problem. Destroying someone's mind is usually a simple procedure, but he has willpower beyond reason" Deku said. His voice made Gigantomachia snap back up and charge towards Deku. Arcs of lightning from the wall struck Gigantomachia and pushed him back until he fell, causing another rumble. "Luckily I think I've found a way to slowly chip away at that willpower." Deku began walking towards Gigantomachia, walking past the point where the lightning had shot out. Gigantomachia looked up with a growl, earning a chuckle from Deku.

"This seems a bit cruel. Treating him like an animal without honour" Gentle said.

"Life is cruel." Deku walked back to Gentle. "And it will continue to be so until we win. Everything we do before that is a necessary evil. Besides, this is pretty mild compared other things I've done. Get used to it" Deku said. He then noticed the folder Gentle was carrying. "What are those for?"

"Oh right, I was supposed to give it to you" Gentle said and handed over the folder. "La Brava thinks she's found the guy the government claims blew up the US base."

Tsukauchi almost jumped out of his chairs when a folder fell on his desk. "Apologies, I didn't intend to scare you" Deku said as he came out of a portal. "But this is a bit urgent."

"Just give me a call next time" Tsukauchi said. He opened the folder and began looking through it. "Is this the suspect?"

"He's definitely the one Zankoku claims to have captured" Deku said and pulled out a chair. "Osugi Sakae, 28 years old and unemployed. Joined the revolution 2 years after my death. Has mostly been doing spy-work for the third Tokyo cell. We lost contact with him 3 weeks before the attack."

"There are a lot of redacted lines in these reports" Tsukauchi said.

"Just some sensitive info regarding ongoing events. Nothing important to our investigation. It's his quirk that is more interesting" Deku said. Tsukauchi looked over the relevant pages, most of them handwritten making him raise an eyebrow. "I might have added some personal notes just to flesh it out a bit."

Tsukauchi took a sip of his coffee. "Wardrobe, changing his clothing to that of anyone he can see. A good infiltrator" He said.

"That's what worries me. He has a quirk that would be able to execute the attack. He just has to spot a soldier from the base and if my theories a correct he would be able to copy everything in the uniform. Including the identity chips that makes sure the alarms aren't triggered" Deku said

"Wait, what alarms?"

"Some classified stuff the US has to prevent unauthorized personnel. Clearly it didn't work" Deku said.

"Either way, his quirk seems to line up with the member gone rogue theory. The only thing that doesn't line up is the charges placed on the ships. His quirk would have been noticed" Tsukauchi said.

"Yeah. I've got someone I know working to get the security-footage, but it's more secure that she expected. You don't happen to have access do you?"

"No I don't, but I might know someone. I'll contact him and see if he can get hold of anything" Tsukauchi said.

"Great. I'll be in touch if I find anything" Deku said and left.

Tsukauchi pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "Naomasa, why are you calling me so late?" A voice said in the other end.

"I just need a favour Toshinori. Did you ever work with the military during your time overseas?"

Phoenix journal: No. 6

Entry 42:

I finally got some time to take Koshiro and Eri out for lunch today. I'm so glad that I can be there for them now. Though, not everything is great. Things between me and Ochako has gotten complicated since I got back. I still love her, and I think she still loves me, but there is so much conflict outside of that. All Might is her mentor, I want to kill him. Kacchan has become a friend of sorts to her, I want to kill him. She's a hero, I'm a villain. Something will clash eventually and I don't think either of us will back down. A confrontation will come and I won't be able to forgive myself if I win

Entry 47:

My work on Gigantomachia is progressing nicely. It seems like his original quirk allows his body to adapt quickly to threats. Normally in the form of mundane tings like illness. But add in quirks and you've got a body that can hold endless potential. And if he can handle my birth quirk he could become my greatest weapon. Something far beyond a simple nomu. Hopefully I'll have time.

As for my own health and wellbeing I'm still perplexed. I haven't used my birth quirk in a way that should damage me since I came back. And yet I see the same symptoms I had after I fought All for one. Much milder, but still something to worry about. Until I've figured it I'll have to stop copying new ones.

Deku looked intently as a bright orange fire crashed against the window in front of him. An inferno raged in the large testing chambre. In the centre of it all stood a creature of flame and shadow. The fire pulsed as the creature roared and bashed back and forth.

"Come one now. I know you handle my quirk, especially a weakened version" Deku said. The creature began steadying itself, slowly looking over itself. "Rise." The fire began circling around the creature, coiling itself around its' body. Flames sprouted out from its' back like wings. It raised a fist as a sword of fire materialized. Deku laughed.

The door slammed open. "Deku! They've launched a naval invasion against Kyushu. They've taken the southern coastline" Mushou said. She then noticed the creature in front of her. "What is that?"

"A balrog, a creature of shadow and flame." Deku smirked and turned around. "And it seems that he got ready just in time."

A/N: So I've had the problem of what to do with Gigantomachia for a while. I've wanted to use him, but he would never follow Deku. Then I stumbled over some art of a balrog fighting against a modern army and the pieces just started falling in place. It also fits with my internal cannon that Deku only likes pre-quirk media. Anyways, next chapter will have a large fight and some other stuff. I hope you're all having a wonderful day. Goodbye.