Chapter 26: Sirius

Start from the beginning

"You truly are stupid, Barusu. Anyways, I noticed they were close to the entrance of the Water Gate City, Priestella." Hearing this, he was once again dumbstruck. "Do you mean... the one that the Sin Archbishop of Lust was last seen in?" Subaru took a guess, noticing that their last enemies were paired up. She nodded and confirmed. "Indeed."

Subaru froze as he felt a chill down his spine. "C-could that mean--- that there are multiple Sin Archbishops in that city?!" Subaru yelled as his mind boggled at the pain that might be coming up along his way.

Confirming his suspicions, it seemed as if the Sin Archbishops do travel in pairs, therefore making the situation harder.

From experience, he knew that the Sin Archbishops were crazy people. From the description that Ram had provided, this one definitely lives up to the name. However, his thought possibly could have been mere assumptions.

"Now don't get the wrong idea, stupid Barusu. I never said that they were part of the Witch's Cult." Subaru took in her words and put his mind to ease for the moment.

"I know, but from that description alone they definitely sound suspicious." Subaru started stretching and controlling his breathing.

"I will admit, what you're saying may have some accuracy." Ram put her finger on her chin as she stared down in thought. "Do we know anything about these Sin Archbishops?" Subaru said, stretching and cracking his back in pleasure.

"I'm afraid not, we only know Lust's last known whereabouts."

A calm voice interrupted their conversation along with footsteps on the leaves and grass. The purple haired man came to a stop, giving the two a smile and nodded. "Good Morning, Julius!" Subaru said. Subaru was trying his hardest to keep his mind at ease, considering the intensity of the situation they are discussing.

He truly felt fear at the thought of there being multiple Sin Archbishops. At that point, it was more than obvious that each would most certainly have powers. From the beginning, Subaru was scared to his core from the beginning of their journey. Although, throughout the week of thought he would emerge himself in -before the journey--, he felt a slight push to go on this journey.

"I'll never forget what that bastard did to my friends- no, my family. And to the one I love..." Subaru recalled his trial and error with Betelgeuse. He was able to cripple Ram and Emilia within seconds. He tore Ram apart, only leaving her hand in Subaru's, along with a pool of blood. These moments filled his heart with rage. He wanted to finally put the Witch Cult's many long years of terror to an end.

Subaru clenched his fists as he heard another set of footsteps approaching the group in the forest. "Julius, Subaru, Ram! So that's where the three of you went. The ground dragon is able to go now!" Subaru nodded as he grabbed Ram's arm. "Great! C'mon Ram!"

Subaru knew there was still nowhere for Ram to sit, meaning she would be on his lap again. Just the thought of that made Subaru blush. She reluctantly hesitated at the sudden grab of her arm, but she sighed and complied. They made their way back to the carriage.

"Mister Natsuki! Are you ready to get going?" Immediately after emerging out of the heavy forests, Otto shouted down to him and the four. Emilia spoke to Julius, making their way back onto the carriage. Subaru boarded the front seat and gave a smile. "Sure!"

Seeing Ram approaching him, his cheeks began turning bright red. Once again, she plopped herself on Subaru's lap as there was nowhere for her to sit. Subaru smiled and wrapped his arms around her again. He heard her pout as he held her close to his body. "Mm! Your so cuddly Ram!" Subaru rubbed his face into the back of her cyan hood, taking in her nice perfume-like smell.

Otto stared at the scene with grimace on his face. "C-Could you not do that right beside me?! It makes me feel lonely..." He turned in a sad tone. Subaru quickly smacked his back as Otto let out a small scream. "Don't worry Otto, I'm sure you'll find someone!"

He flashed a thumbs up with a toothy grin at the now pained Otto. "Are you sure Mister Natsuki?" Otto asked with a small blush on his face. "Yeah! Remember last ni-" Otto quickly interrupted him. "Hey!!! Don't start talking about that out loud!" Subaru laughed, and Frederica peeked at Otto from the carriage with a small blush on her face.

The ground dragon had taken off to the city of Priestella where they would likely encounter one or multiple Sin Archbishops. Subaru was a little scared, but the presence of Reinhard reassured him that there was no way they could lose. He turned back to look at Reinhard with a smile on his face. "Morning, Reinhard!" Reinhard nodded and responded to his salutations.

"Subaru, who is it we are fighting again?" Subaru put his finger on his chin. "Oh, that I'm not actually sure about." A higher pitched child-like voice spoke in an annoyed tone, interrupting their small conversation. "Betty's feet are going numb, I suppose. Hmph!"

Beatrice was looking straight at Subaru, with Ram on his lap. Noticing that Subaru noticed, she looked away quickly with an aggravated face with a blush. He smiled, reassuring her. "I'm sure we'll get there soon, Beako." Subaru held onto Ram tighter and once again hid his face onto her hood. He felt a hand fall onto his, noticing Ram was holding onto his grip tightly. He smiled as he relaxed at the moment being.

"Mr. Natsuki! We are almost there, I can see the enterance!" Subaru looked up as he noticed the horizon start to flatten, with nothing but water covering the distance. He saw a long bridge that went straight for what seemed like miles. Subaru looked at the bridge in bewilderment as he turned to Otto. "This bridge is this long?!" Otto chuckled. "It's one of the longest in the Lugnica!"

Suddenly, before they could board the bridge, the land-dragon stopped dead in its tracks. Otto looked at the dragon in confusion.

"Oh, and what might you people be doing?"

The voice that would become engraved in Subaru's head spoke for the first time.

To be continued