part 26

AN: this is like Gabi & June POV of thr last parts.
_____
>Gabi POV<
I may have made June annoyed when he woke up, I may have kissed his face and he got angry like a small child gets mad when its parent calls it cute, so he locked me out of his room, at least I got my phone with me. Today is the start of Adam’s small vacation from work, but for me and June it’s the day we are going to get or at least plan to get him his own pet. June keeps trying to steal Cali, but luckily Cali is too scared to leave the house so June hasn’t succeeded in that.. I eat the leftover bread that Adam apparently made but didn’t feel like eating, last night really happened? It’s like.. Nothing has changed. In every romance drama movie June has forced me to watch, when the mc gets into a relationship they go through a dramatic change immediately.

         My phone starts ringing, great it’s mom again. “Hulloo..” I say in my tired morning voice and mom immediately starts asking many questions, I try to answer but she won’t let me have time to speak. I see Adam coming from his room. “Mom wait-” I put my phone on my shoulder when I hear him whisper good morning to me. “Where are you going?” I ask while he’s trying to put his shoes on. “Hanging out with friends” I just nod and let him leave, he can do what he wants. I just continue listening to mom. “I swear mom, we are not getting married and we are not going to get a stranger’s kid to live with us- No he lives next door- Ok mom byeeee” I end the call, I get an easy headache from talking to mom too much. Chris comes inside and flops on the couch to lay on his stomach. “eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. He wAs WeArInG mY JaCkEt” He does those Chris noises like always. Good to know absolutely NOTHING has changed.. June comes out of his room and looks at Chris then me, clearly asking what the hell happened to him. I just shrug. “What Am I going to doooooooooooooooo if Addy is hanging out with FrIeNdS”, “Bro, we are right here.” JUne tries to comfort him but fails, badly. “NooOOoOoO, You two are going on a DaTe InTo A pEt ShOp” He is acting like a child it’s parents wont buy it candy or toys, this is why I hate children.. “A date?” June looks at me with stars in his eyes, I feel like I’m surrounded by children now.. “*sigh * yeah sure.. Just bring your own money, I pay for this apartment, I am not going to pay for an animal.” June just smiles and goes back to his room, probably changing. Now I just have to come up with something to do for Chris.. “Hey man, if I give you money-”, “SO YOU WILL GIVE HIM MONEY BUT NOT ME!? THAT IS KINDA RUDE.” June yells from his room. “YEAH. Well anyway, do you have everything for school for next semester, do you need a job? I mean there are few cool shops that would like more workers?” Chris keeps a few more of those dinosaur-like noises and sits up. Should I buy him a dinosaur plushie? “mmmmm… okayyyyyy.. Should I like, get my lunch while I’m out? SInce no one is probably gonna be here at that time.”, “Yeah you should, but I want to make chicken pasta for dinner, so we are eating that here.” June replies as he comes back in his casual outfit: black jeans, white shirt and a big dark blue zip up hoodie. I hear Chris say something like ‘ok cool’ and he just gets up and leaves, didn’t even let me do coffee for him. That is kinda mean- but now I’m alone with June.

>June POV<
    Chris just gets up and leaves, Gabi is probably offended how he didn’t get a chance to make a coffee for Chris, but oh well. Maybe he could become a barista instead of some, electricity guy. That would suit him much better, since he doesn’t know shit about electronics.. “You can just make me a coffee, surprise me this time.” He hums and goes to the kitchen to make coffee, I bought him a coffee making set for our FRIENDSHIP anniversary and he got me animal crossing new horizons, he sure knows what games I like even though he doesn’t know anything else about games. I start making a sandwich next to him. “Surprise you like with that morning kiss-” I hate it here, i feel my ears burning and he hasn’t said anything too bad. I cut a last piece of cucumber and look at him in the eyes with a knife in my hand. “Oh come on, I know you love me~” He says in a singy tone, yeah he is right. “So what, that doesn’t mean I can’t stab you.” I put the knife down and make my sandwich. He went silent, was I too mean? He knows I could never hurt him, right? I go into a small panic and now I’m on autopilot mode, so I just go sit by the coffee table since we don’t use the real dining table unless we all are home eating dinner together like we are going to do today. Gabi comes a few minutes later with a smile on his face. “Ya know June, I’m not mad. I was just taken aback by you making a joke.” He puts my coffee next to my plate that has the un touched sandwich on it, I don’t feel hungry anymore. “Uh, sorry. I just wasn’t sure if you understood it as a joke or not” He just laughs and ruffles my hair, please be a good day. I just want to cuddle Gabi and own my own cat- I don’t care if I don’t get to cuddle, I just need the cat in my life. Yeah Adam has been a good pet so far, he does what I ask and actually listens when I talk to him, but him spending all the time with Chris is like that feeling when the pet you have spent all your money for and spoiled them 100% starts to like someone else.
          We eat and drink in peace, it’s around 12 now, so we can go by the train that goes at 12.15. We walk  to the train station, holding hands. He keeps talking about some sweet stuff and the future like he always does. I know I said to talk about the boyfriend thing in the morning, but I just haven’t found a good time to bring it up.
What if the right time never comes and you stay as friends
That hurt my heart, it got a bit hard to breath for a second but it’s ok. I guess he noticed me zoning out because he gently squeezes my hand. “Everything ok?” he asks sweeter than usual, it’s a weird feeling seeing him act like this. Not saying I don’t like it, but it’s just.. Weird. No other words to describe it. “Yeah, just thinking. Did you ever think about becoming a barista? That would suit your personality a lot better.” I say and step on the train, him not being far to follow since we are still holding hands. “Hmm, never thought about that. It would be pretty cool yeah. Your brain is as sharp as ever.” I know he would have messed up my hair if we weren’t holding hands. #SaveMyHairFromGabi. “I mean you like making coffee and drinks all in all. I remember when we were kids and you were so excited to make a smoothie. and let’s not forget you got the best grade from home economics EVERY year.” I may be talking more than usual, I hope he doesn’t mind. It doesn’t seem like that since he’s laughing with me. He’s sitting just next to me and I feel so safe. I have always felt safe around Gabi, that’s why I came out to him first and even when we were just kids I was always trying my best to be around him to feel more protected.. Oh my god I have loved this idiot all this time..
___
AN: IT'S A DATE!?
Word count: 1424

SPOILER: this is PROBABLY going to be Gabi and June at the end of their date⬆️