Chapter 2

Your POV

"We're not out of the woods yet!" I yelled, grabbing onto the wrist of the person closest to me, which was the tall brunette. I started running as fast as I could into the woods (ironically) and the ginger one followed us.

"Did you guys have any kind of escape plan? How did you even get here?" I could feel myself getting out of breath as we kept running, but these two seemed completely unaffected. I've never really had anywhere to run and now that I'm experiencing it I can say with certainty that whoever enjoys this is psychotic.

"Yeah we have a plane it should be ju-" the ginger one started but is now staring blankly ahead. Following his line of sight I suddenly realise why. There's a bright orange light coming through the trees. A forest fire.

"Oh dear. We need a way around it." The tall brunette said as if we're not being chased through a burning forest by a terrifying giant bird. As if reading my thoughts, another petrifying crash sounds through the forest, shaking the earth beneath us. Another squawk sounds afterwards.

I slowly turn my head to lay eyes on the beast behind me but the brunette moves my head to the front of us.

"I hate to ask this, doll, but think you can help us out?" He smiles at me, gently rubbing my head to calm me down.

I think long and hard about how to fix this fire in front of us, and then it hits me.

Directly above the fire I start to open a tear. The more I open it, water starts spilling out from the edges and directly onto the burning ground beneath it. Some fish fall out as I put a tear in the middle of the ocean, but I don't have time to feel guilty as my guard is getting closer to us.

Once the fire is mostly extinguished, we are able to push through it without concern.

What we see beyond the fire is much worse, however.

A plane lies on the other side of the fire, broken in half and completely destroyed. I can see the pilot in the front, blood seeping out of a large hole between his eyes.

Tears begin to form as I feel my legs give way.

I've never seen a dead person before. I've never really thought about it. But now... this man is dead. He's gone.

I feel sick.

The urge to lean over and spill out my guts is pushed down as I'm picked up by the shorter male and they start running again.

"How far is the next town?" I hear him ask, barely affected by the extra weight.

"It's about 10 miles away through dark and scary woods~" the tall brunette wiggles his fingers in the shorter male's face, making strange noises to try and scare the smaller. It doesn't work.

"STOP IT YOU NOB JOCKEY!" He screamed while still holding me and I couldn't help but snort at the two of them.

Silence comes over us for a bit. Then I realise.

"Where's Aaron?" I ask, and both men just stare at me confused. "The bird man."

Realisation dawns over them both. We were being chased by a giant bird who wanted to kill them... and now we're just strolling through the woods. I quickly remove myself from the ginger man's arms and look around.