feral boys | wasps

tweaked their age gaps a bit to make it easier to write

"Please don't..." groaned Dream, dragging his hands down his face irritatedly.

"NOPE! Not happening again." Karl quickly ran to Sapnap's side and began to shove the boy away.

It was summer of your sixth grade year, and the six of you decided to spend the day at your local park. Your friend group had always been close due to living in the same cul-de-sac.

It comprised of a mix of elementary schoolers and middle schoolers: Sapnap and Quackity, both fifth graders; Dream, a sixth grader who shared the same class as you; Karl, a seventh grader; and lastly, George, an eighth grade transfer student from London.

Currently, the six of you were sat under the shade of the park's gazebo when you spotted an active wasp nest.

Last time this happened, five of you ended up in the hospital. The only kid left unscathed was George, for he was quick to leave the action before it even begun.

But who was the one to aggravate the wasps? Well, it was none other than the notorious—

"Sapnap!" you gasped, pointing up at the busy hive. "There's another was-"

"Shhht!" Dream slapped his palm over your mouth to prevent history from repeating itself.

You squirmed under his adamant arm and bit his finger, yet he resisted the pain. If this was the price to pay for not getting bombarded by the wasps again, it was well worth the pain.

"Heyyy, Sap-meister, let's go play on the swings!" Karl gulped as he apprehensively eyed the buzzing nest, pushing the fifth grader away from the shaded gazebo.

"Huh? But I wanna stay here. It's nice and cool," protested Sapnap while swinging a random stick as if it were a sword.

Quackity shivered merely at the memory from last month, clutching his arms to his chest as he trembled on the bench.

George, who was practically oblivious to the situation, continued to scroll through his phone—for he was the only kid who had one...

"C'mon guys, we've been here for a while, let's go somewhere else," ushered Dream, still clasping your mouth shut, his other arm holding you in a loose choke hold.

"Agreeeeed," said Karl.

Quackity frantically nodded his head.

With that, George looked up from his phone and openly acknowledged the elephant in the room.

"Oh, a wasp nest."

Oh, boy.

"A WASP NEST?!" Sapnap's eyes blazed with excitement.

"NOOOO—" Dream, Quackity, and Karl pounced to tackle Sapnap, but ended up colliding with one another.

All in the same second, you doubled over with laughter, Sapnap batted the wasp nest to the ground, and George was out of sight.

"RUN!" Quackity howled and scampered away like a small dog.

Your laughter could only last so long before it was replaced by fear as all five of you took off. The wasps' threatening buzz trailed behind like the blaring sirens of a police car during a chase.

"WHY?! WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO DO THIS EVERY TIME?!" Dream groaned angrily, running slightly ahead of the group.

"REVENGE FROM LAST TIME!" cackled Sapnap.

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT!" Quackity shrieked from the end of the pact.

You panted between hysteric laughs as Karl dragged you along, for he knew you wouldn't get far without being forced.