17 - Why Was Any and Everything Alive?

The spear was pointy.

Good to know.

"Jaemin duck!"

Mark's voice yelled out, scared gasps following and preceding his yells of encouragements and warnings. Jaemin dropped to his knees, his back touching the ground and his eyes wide as said pointy spear slashed through the air where he had been standing moments earlier. He rolled to the side as a foot stepped where he had been kneeling, chest heaving as his eyes flashed up to look at the stranger standing across from him.

"Seriously," Jaemin breathed out heavily, puffing up air to pushing his bangs out of his eyes, "Can we really not talk this out?"

"I require unconditional surrender, nothing more and nothing less," the stranger pointed his spear at Jaemin, his crescent eyes squinting with malintent. Jaemin grit his jaw.

"Listen stranger-"

"Na Jaemin I am no stranger," the man's mouth pulled downwards into a distasteful frown, his eyes flicking over Jaemin's kneeling body before glancing back at Mark. "You've lost your touch and I'm disappointed that Renjun let it get this far."

Jaemin frowned, his mind whirling at the mention of the last person that had come to visit. If he remembered correctly, that had been Renjun. But what did he mean that Jaemin was no stranger? And how exactly did he 'lose' his touch? As far as he was concerned, he was doing fantastic despite this small Mark mishap.

Lost in his thoughts, Jaemin blinked in surprise when a hand pressed against the center of his forehead, the stranger's face close to his own with a visage of concentration. "I guess I'll just have to remind you."

"What are you-"

A dizzy spell came over Jaemin, his body suddenly feeling fuzzy. He blinked his eyes, head nodding downwards. The stranger grimaced, his arms catching Jaemin's body as it went limp.

______________________