April 1 - New Beginnings

Start from the beginning

You nervously sighed as you stared at the leaves of the tree above you. You wished to be the same as the leaves, feeling peaceful and not troubled like you. No matter what you try to divert your mind on other things, you cannot remove the fear of failing as the next head of the Vongola Famiglia. Being the next boss of the famiglia is a big responsibility every decision you will make will affect everyone in the family. You know that everyone has great expectations from you, and a lot are willing to compare you to Decimo. You know that cannot be like Decimo. He is far too great.

But... you want to serve the family as he did. He was wise, committed, honorable, and just. You have been watching him ever since you were a child. He was the hero you looked up to and wanted to be.

"Hey! Quit staring or you'll end up forgetting your speech later. Remember not to soil Vongola's great name," once again, Nario appeared to nag you.

Feeling annoyed, you glared at him, "Nah... I'll forget it because of the sight of your face."

"Teme...!" he said while forcing his raised fist not to hit you in the head.

You stick out your tongue along with a middle finger to annoy him more. This is the only thing you like as the next successor; you have the power to boss someone older than you. Well, it is an abuse of your authority, but you only use it on him.

Nario has always been like an older brother to you, more likely a mother. He goes all day nagging you around and watching your every move, so you won't do something stupid to embarrass the family. Yeah, he is an annoying perfectionist, but when you get in trouble, he was always out there to support and help you. You know that he always wanted the good for you and the famiglia.

A lot have their eyes set on the downfall of Vongola Famiglia. The underworld considers them now as enemies since they have always stopped their cruel plans. It is a battle you cannot handle alone, and you need all the help you can get.

You are glad that Nario is always here by your side. Just like his grandfather, the Smokin' Bomb Gokudera Hayato, you have chosen him to be your Storm Guardian.

You gave him an ensuring smile, "You worry too much, Nario. I'm not worried because my right-hand man will always be out there to give me strength."

He raised an eyebrow, "Woah! Such a hypocrite, earlier you are blaming my handsome face, now you are stating how much you need me."

You raised back an eyebrow, "Did I even say it's you?"

"Tsk!"

You stick out your tongue while enjoying his about to explode face.

"What's up with the funny face competition? Can I still join?" the bubbly Aki asked as he joins you two under the shade of the old tree.

"We are definitely not having a funny face competition!" both you and Nario chorused.

"Awww... That's bad. I'm willing to show mine," he then showed off his funny face causing you two to laugh hard while rolling on the grassy ground. As usual, Aki is there to break the endless and pointless argument between you two.

Aki is the same as Nario. You have chosen him to be your Rain Guardian, just like his grandfather, Yamamoto Takeshi.

"Y/N!" a little girl shouted your name, which caused you to immediately fix yourself. You rose and removed the grasses caught all over you. You glance in the direction of the girl rushing toward your direction while holding a stuffed toy.

"Aida!" you called back her name and openly prepared your arms to receive a hug from her. Aida is just one of the precious grandchildren of Enma Kozato, who is still the current boss of the Simon Famiglia.