Chapter 10 - The story of Rose

- So - Poppy grins with the whole of her sunny pink face. - How was your sleeping?

Branch rubs his eye with one hand, cause he's holding the Staff of Light in another one.

- Well, I just realized that I hadn't slept since... - He yawns loudly. - I don't know, never?

- But how was it? - The goddess tilts her head on a side like a puppy.

He takes a very long and deep breath.

- Boring - He breathes out.

- Ha! I told ya!

- Yeah, yeah - He waves his hand. - I hope the surprise will be worth it.

- I swear It'll be! - She beams with her twinkling freckles on her pink cheeks. - Just wait for the sunrise!

He makes this face she likes so much. He frowns, smiles, and slightly chuckles, looking with his calm sight into her vivid eyes like into two sparkling diamonds. The goddess of the Day smiles at him, melting a bit inside.

The god of the Night corrects his grip on the Staff and offers the goddess his arm to hold.

While they are walking for the rest of the Night, doing nothing interesting for me or you, my reader, just walking and talking and taking care of the Night, I'll let you into the story about the Gold Sphere. Or, like Immortals like to call it: the story of Rose.

This is the longest and the saddest tale Immortals know. The whole known world got started from Chaos. No one knows what Chaos is and Chaos never gives answers. All it does is create what the world needs - at least Immortals believe that. No one knows who creates the Chaos and who controls it. Was there anything before? Will it be the end of it one day? All they know is what the oldest ones remember - King Peppy and Queen Rose.

When the Chaos created them, It left them on the Earth without a word of explanation. The White Sky and the empty Land already existed, but there was nothing else than that. Peppy looked at the world and then at Rose. They both felt really lonely. They discovered their power quite quickly - it was the power similar to Chaos, the power of creation. Peppy immediately came up with an idea. He asked Rose if she wanted to work together to fill the Earth with life. She agreed, and that's how Peppy became the god of Friendship.

The first thing they created was the little creatures, looking quite similar to them, but much smaller, and with a different matter. They named them 'trolls' and taking care of them quickly became their only goal and desire.

They made them as similar to Immortals as it was possible, but giving them all they had wasn't enough. Trolls didn't have free will, feelings, awareness, and eternal life. The essence of immortality was indivisible and uncreatable, its only source was Chaos. But trolls had dual nature, their physical bodies were filled with life-giving souls, the bounty from The Queen and the King. And the physical nature of trolls had needs. Trolls needed to eat and drink. Well, that's when Meadow, the goddess of plants, and Milton, the god of critters, came and created flora and fauna on the Land. Then Trollex, the god of the Ocean and Seas, came from the Chaos and he and his squires made pools, lakes, and rivers filled with fresh and clear water.

Soon, Gods cottoned on that even if trolls had food to eat and water to drink, their physical bodies still died, and the souls didn't have a place to come. That's when Barb and Riff came on the Earth and created the land under land, calling it Underworld.

The world got filled with life. One by one Immortals came from the Chaos and brought necessary things to the Earth. King Peppy took care of the gods' teamwork and Queen Rose guarded the world order, as she became the goddess of Harmony. She was Immortals' inspiration, she gave them many ideas on how to make the Land more and more beautiful for trolls to be happy. The Peace was on the Earth and among trolls, but Immortals still felt that there was a lack of something.

Inseparable - Trolls Mythology AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें