Enemies to Lovers

Start from the beginning

'Why am I feeling this way now towards her?' He pondered as he chew the inside of his cheek. Sure, he kissed back but he didn't feel these feelings till afterwards. 

The way she was talking with him and giving back compliments was reminiscent to his brown-haired ex who still refuses to speak to him.

It hurt Kei so much, knowing that Nobara was treating him like a ghost. Or worse, almost as he killed both her parents. In a way, he felt like an abandoned puppy.

Yes, he's a grown guy and he can try to take care of himself. But everything he went through, he was hoping from a helping hand by now.

But now it's nonexistent and he out of sheer luck, finds himself getting the help he needs from the one who used to be his enemy. The one that's his friend after. 

But now..

"Ugh, I wish I had a photo album like this." She complains and plops to the seat right next to Kei. She feels comfortable in his space and she decides to lean back  and so does he. He sighs, relaxing into the pillows as she spoke. 

"Or even just going to a regular school for that manner. I have spent so much time in that stupid, toxic household of mine for sooo long." She rambles on angrily, taking out all her anger out on her own family for the situation she is now.  

"It's almost like I can never be my own person. And now.."

She's forced in an engagement with her own cousin, Naoya Zenin. It made her upset as he's treat her like a piece of meat or have tried to take advances of her at a much, younger age. 

It disgusted Kei that her family was forcing her to wed so soon. The two were only teenagers and don't see themselves getting married and having children right away. The kids simply want to have fun but they're in a predicament that they can't escape. 

Mai trapped in a betroth dilemma while Kei struggles to kill the one who keeps hurting him. An inescapable issue for both. 

"Naoya is a real piece of shit." Kei scowls and Mai agrees silently with him. "And I can't believe they are okay with you marrying your OWN cousin."

"I know, but seems like it'll happen either way. Naoya claims he's the rightful heir, but Megumi is said to be heir in the will. Even I doubt my nephew will become heir, if he does become it, then I-l'l be forced to also-"