43

Gotta love possessive Hero 😭🤤
_________________________________________

"What's that?" Hero asked as he threw his clothes back on. 

Making his way over to me, I stupidly shoved it onto the couch. He raised a brow at this, eyeing my hand. 

"What?" He snapped. "Is that fucking Cole?" 

As he grabbed for my phone, I stood up, upset that he'd even think this. 

"No, it's not Cole. It's my mother- my real mother. Emma. She asked if I still wanted to wear the wire. I knew it would piss you off." 

"No." Hero ordered, staring into my soul. "Absolutely not. Eloise is a damn criminal. I'm not letting you anywhere near her." 

I threw my hands up in exasperation.

"So, what then? You're going to sit across her and not find the will to punch her?" 

He rolled his eyes like a child. 

"No." 

Like a pouty adolescent I placed my hands on my hips, fully aware I was still half naked. 

"What am I supposed to do? The cops reached out and asked- the cops. Something has to be done to put them away for good. We both know that I'm our best chance." 

Hero clenched his teeth. 

"They have to promise you'll be safe." 

I shrugged. "I doubt there will be a swat team but I'm sure they'll take precautions. I don't think you have anything to worry about. If they were going to do something it would have already happened." 

Hero seemed pressed, tapping a foot. 

"When?" He growled. "When will this happen?"

"I don't know!" I spat, already fed up with his short attitude. "I have to text Emma and ask!" 

As I ran to my phone and began typing, Hero's exploded from another room. Quickly running and retrieving it, he answered with a sharp tone. 

"Hello?" 

After a minute of silence, he groaned.

"Why do we have to have another fucking dinner-? What- she did- you do- fine- we'll do it your way!" 

As soon as he threw his phone at a box, he faced me. 

"That was Dorinda." 

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued. 

"What did she want?" 

I didn't forget our last meeting together. It was odd to say the least. 

Hero sighed. "She said that Diedre warned her to stay away from you, but my mom has other ideas. She wants to put something together. Without her mother." 

"Tonight?" 

He ran a hand over his face. "Yes. We don't have to go." 

I smiled. "Why not? The night is still young. Besides, she usually pays for dinner doesn't she? I'm craving a salad." 

Without saying much more, he stormed his way to the bedroom slamming the door. 

Later when we had both freshened up, we headed to a nice upscale restaurant that had all sorts of glass items
imaginable hanging from the ceiling. 

I knew I should have been used to places like this after meeting Hero's parents but it still took me by surprise.

My family had money. But we weren't billionaires. That was for sure.