Chapter 8

"Stephan."

"Wait how is this even possible?" Damon asked. "How else do you think Salvatore, magic." I heard Bekah say from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw her standing there with both my family and the Cullen's. "Nice to see you to Barbie," Damon sneered with a smirk. " Oh Damon it's only as pleasant as children's nightmares of the boogeyman," Bekah snarked back. He narrowed his at her and then they seemed to notice the Cullen's,"I didn't know we were inviting cold ones to this little get together especially 'vegans', ugh you better not launch me into a lecture about how chasing Bambi is a better life style, I get enough of that from my brother," he said, face masked in disgust. "Your kind can survive on animal blood to?" Carlisle asked intrigued. "Well yes but it depletes our powers greatly, so far I'm the only one of my kind who is on animal blood but I didn't really have a choice," Stephan explained. "Really? How so?" Carlisle inquired. "Back when we were first changed I was in a dark place, I had switched the off button to my emotions. I met another vampire, a cold one, and we somehow became serial killer's, people called me The Ripper back then, I was the other half of the persona, Jack the Ripper." Most of the Cullen's gasped except Edward, no he stared at Stephan as if he had seen a ghost from his past, and I'm pretty sure that was the case here. "Did you just say you were the other half of Jack the Ripper?" He asked. "Yes, why?" Stephan asked. "After Carlisle changed me there was a time I resented him for making me into what I am and curving my diet so I rebelled against him and went out on my own. I started drinking human blood again and along the way I met a strange human, well at least I thought he was human, he never told me his name but I told him my name was Jack for the time being. We killed relentlessly mostly those he'll bound if we could find them others innocent. After awhile people started noticing the murders occurring and came to a conclusion that all of them were performed by the same person after police investigations. The news papers got wind of it and made a story of the unknown mass murderer. We were infamous stealthy......but one night we were caught off guard we had just discarded a child molester, and we were careless we hadn't checked the house for others, so we were surprised when a little girl no older than 6 walked into the room. She took in the scene but didn't scream......she-she thanked us for killing her father because she knew he was bad and he did bad things, she told us she watched him get rid of her mother and she knew she wasn't coming back. Though she was a witness to our crime we couldn't kill her so I gave her something we knew would value her in the future, my name, Jack. Weeks later the top headline first page read "Jack the Rippers Bloody Massacre!" A year or so later we went our separate ways and I came back to Carlisle.....I never saw him again.....well not until now."