Chapter 1

Machiko's vision clouds in red. She closes her eyes to stop the pounding in her head from forming into a headache. A tap on her arm forces her to open her eyes, but only slightly.

"Oh please, tell me you brought my glasses, Cassie. My head is starting to pound I don't want a headache right now," she groans laying her head on top of her arms.

Cassie smiles sitting next to Machiko and slices a pink wire frame glasses. Machiko snatches them up and puts them on. A sigh of relief left her and the calming of her pounding head subsides.

"Thank you, you are a life saver," Machiko signs.

Cassie's smile brightens.

"Your welcome and did you manage to find him?" Cassie signs.

Machiko nods and pushes her hair back with her left bionic arm grumbling the lack of hair tie she forgotten. 

"It didn't go well because it was the same guy from her high school that cheated on her,"

"That sucks,"

"You tell me. She had the nerve of asking me to change her destined one which I told her it would be extra since unweaving one destiny to tie it to another is not easy and it takes time,"

Machiko shrugs, "She refused to pay it, so instead she asked for another way and just for a little less I tangled hell out that string. So, when they actually meet it would be years from now and no longer my problem."

Cassie narrow her eyes, "How much did you make?"

Machiko grins and pulls out a check.

Cassie takes it and her eyes widen as her hands tremble slightly.

Machiko pulls out of her grip and puts it away.

"That's a lot are you sure you should be charging that much?"

Machiko glances away reading between the lines of Cassie's words. She never said it or told Machiko to stop charging people, but she can't stop it because her mother needs it.

"I need it and if I have to continue playing cupid then I will," Machiko signs, "if you don't want to keep accompanying me, I understand."

Cassie shakes her head and gives Machiko's arm a squeeze before she signs, "We are in this together."

Machiko smiles, "Let's go because we have class in thirty minutes,"

Machiko gets off the stool follow by Cassie who loops her arm with Machiko's right arm and exit the cafe.