Undercover Princess - Chapter 7

I had gotten over 50 miss-calls and 25 messages from the palace. Most of them were from my Mom. After scrolling through the notifications, I sighed deeply, turned off my phone and shoved it into my coat pocket. I was not going to deal with them right now. Not when I'm free.

I was currently looking for a convenience store so I could buy some dye to change the colour of my hair and find a place to rest for the night. As I walked slowly along the highway, I hoped that someone would drive by and give me the directions that I needed.

Suddenly, I heard something. It was a slow humming noise and it was getting closer. It was a car. I stopped, turned around and looked in the direction where it was coming from. I stuck my hand out and prayed silently that it would stop. The car came closer and closer. Nope. They just drove on.

"Urghh" I screamed as I stomped my feet on the ground. I looked around myself making sure nobody has seen or heard my mini tantrum. I kept walking.

My feet were sore and had started to hurt. I stopped walking when I suddenly saw a blue light shining in the distance. As I edged closer to the light, I saw that it was a sign that said "Matt's General Store and Motel"

I opened the glass door to the store and heard the jingle of a bell. There were lines of shelves with food and drink stacked upon them. I looked to my right and saw a counter where I saw an old man stood behind it reading the newspaper.

"Excuse me, Sir" I said as I walked upto the man. "Do you happen to sell any blonde hair dye"

"Second shelf to your right" he replied not taking his eyes of his paper.

"Thanks. Do you happen to have a spare room for the night?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's the last one" He said as he folded his paper, placed it on the counter and handed me a key. "Room 12"

I paid for the hair dye and the room and made my way to the motel. I unlocked the door and saw that the room had one bed, a bedside table and a door that led to the bathroom. This was nothing like palace. I threw my bag onto the bedside table, tugged off my coat and started to lay down on the bed. I was too tired to do anything else.

I began to recall everything that had happened that day. The breakfast, the dress, escaping. I wonder what was going happening at the palace, now that I've gone. What would my Mom be doing right now.

As my eyes began to droop, a whisper left my lips "Happy 18th birthday, Emily.

**************************************************************
Comment below what you think so far.