When he was going to get the things, he used to clean the windows, someone knocked on the door, so he went to open it, as usual.

—OPEN IN THE NAME OF THE KING! — Someone said from behind the door, and CindeReki ran and opened the door untimely.

CindeReki could see what appeared to be the royal postman, as that person was carrying a bag full of letters with the royal seal and was dressed very elegantly.

—An urgent letter from his royal majesty! — The postman handed CindeReki a letter.

—Thank you— as he took the letter, he smiled kindly, and the postman returned the smile with a small blush as he saw the boy's beauty.

CindeReki closed the door and looked at the letter curiously, because he did not know why the king would send a letter to his home.

—The King? What would he say...? — When the boy was going to open the letter, he heard the horrible singing of his two stepbrothers again —Well, I will have to interrupt their... beautiful singing— CindeReki chuckled while listening to the voice of what seemed to be Miya's voice.

CindeReki climbed the stairs to get to the music room, where Shadow, Cherry, and Miya were. He knocked on the door to interrupt them, but when he did so there was a loud sound of a loud note from the piano. The boy knew that Shadow had been annoyed at being interrupted.

—WHO'S THERE?!— Shadow shouted towards the door, and the redhead entered the room —CindeReki, I ALREADY TOLD YOU NOT TO INTERRUPT US! —

—Someone brought this letter from the palace— The redhaired boy showed the letter with the royal seal.

—FROM THE PALACE?!— Cherry and Miya screamed in excitement and ran to CindeReki to take the letter from him, knocking him to the floor.

—It sure is for me— Miya started to open the letter, but Cherry snatched it from her.

—What are you talking about? It sure is for me— Cherry was about to open the letter, but Miya lunged at him and they started fighting over the missive.

—STOP ALREADY! I'm going to read it— Shadow took the letter from them which was very wrinkled, but could be read. Cherry and Miya got up off the ground, but they gave each other a bad look for the fight they had had. CindeReki also got up and stayed in place to listen to what the letter said.

—Let's see...— Shadow began to read and little by little his eyes widened —There is going to be a great dance in the castle! —

—A DANCE! — The stepbrothers shouted excitedly.

—In honor of his highness, the prince! — Shadow continued reading the letter.

—THE PRINCE! — They were both very excited.

—And by order of the King, all the single maids and maidens must attend the palace today— Shadow's smile was so wide that it went from ear to ear.

—US! — Miya and Cherry were almost jumping with happiness.

—That means I'll go too! — CindeReki spoke from the floor and had an excited smile at the idea of ​​going to the palace and meeting the prince for the first time.

—Imagine 'this' one... 'dancing' with the prince...— Cherry started making fun of him.

'It's an honor his highness, could you take my broom, please?'— Miya began to imitate CindeReki, mocking, while he laughed along with Cherry, both imagining the situation.

—Well, why couldn't I go? — CindeReki asked with a serious tone because he was sure of what they were going to say to him —I know that you do not consider me part of your family, but I am, and the invitation says that all single maids and maidens must attend the dance by King's order— CindeReki crossed his arms looking at his stepbrothers.

—Yes, that's what he says— Shadow glared at CindeReki because he was right, but then he smiled in a mischievous way —I don't see why you can't go...— That comment impressed his children and made CindeReki happy. —Only if... you finish all your tasks on time...—

—Yes, of course I will! — CindeReki said enthusiastically and went excitedly to the door, but he stopped because Shadow spoke to him again.

—And as long as you find a suitable outfit to wear—

—I'll find it, I can assure you! Thank you very much! — CindeReki left the room quickly closing the door behind him and began to jump with excitement and continued with his tasks with his skateboard.

—DAD! — Annoyed, the two stepbrothers went towards Shadow.

—Don't you realize what you just said? — Cherry demanded, very annoyed.

—Of course, I said if he finishes... all his tasks...— Shadow began to laugh.

—Oooh... I get it...— Miya started laughing along with Cherry and Shadow.

Shadow was not going to make it easy for CindeReki to go to the dance with them, so he gave him so many chores to do around the house as he also ordered him to help his children to be well groomed for the dance.

CindeReki had to wash, dry, starch, and iron his stepbrothers' suits, shine their shoes, and so forth.

He had a lot of chores that day, more than he always had and he didn't even have time to get himself a suit. All the ones he had were broken or full of ashes. He could easily repair one of the broken ones that he had, but his stepbrothers did not leave him alone for a single minute.