Chapter 18

The rest of the day passed by quickly.

Levi worked on some paperwork while I finished off my weekly report, we both remained close to each other and shared short glances every now and then.

The whole time, I could feel how nervous we both were. Even though Levi's face didn't show it, I could see his breathing hitch everytime we locked eyes with each other.

I couldn't help thinking throughout all of this about what this all meant, Levi Ackerman kissed me. He wasn't drunk. He wasn't impaired.

I couldn't wrap my head around it, considering that not too long ago we both were set on how much we hated one another. I couldn't understand how the situation had turned around so drastically.

"I should probably go to dinner tonight at the dinning hall, people are probably wondering where I have been by now" I turned to him unsure of how he would react.

"Yes, they probably are" Levi looked to his side.

"I hope Hange didn't notice that I didn't sleep in my room last night" I looked down to my completed report.

"If she did what will you tell her?" Levi asked.

I turned to him once again and furrowed my brows apprehensively, "Maybe that I was late night...jogging?"

Levi chuckled almost inaudibly at my response, "That would be more unbelievable than the truth" He looked over at me endearingly.

Who was this man sitting in front of me? This doesn't seem like the same person who I knew was Levi Ackerman.

I smiled at him, "We should go get dinner right now, I'm pretty hungry"

He stood up and quietly directed himself towards his scout jacket that he had hung on a hook next to his office's double doors. He started putting the jacket on while looking at me.

I stood up and stared at him for a second, admiring his form in his uniform.

After kissing him all I could think about was when I would get another chance to kiss him again. I wanted to feel his warmth and closeness again.

"Are you coming?" Levi interrupted my thoughts.

I nodded and walked over to him, "Are we going to walk together?" I looked at him slightly preoccupied.

He pursed his lips pensively, "I'll walk a few steps behind you"

I nodded once again and he opened the doors waiting for me to go through them. I walked out and started making my way down the hall, I didn't look back to see if Levi was following me but after some time I heard his office's door finally close.

He was a comfortable distance behind me. I walked over to the hall facing the ground, attempting to act normal.

I made my way through the plaza and finally reached the dinning hall. I entered casually, feeling anxious of seeing Reiner or Bertholdt inside.

After walking in I heard someone call my name loudly, "Y/N!"

I looked over to a table full of people, Hange was sitting next to Erwin, and she was waving her hands around excitedly.

"Y/N!" She shouted my name again and pointed at the seat in from of her, which was empty.

I smiled and shook my head embarrassed of how loud she was being.

I walked over and sat in front of her and parallel to Erwin.

"Where have you been?!" Hange questioned me immediately.