Chapter 42

We stand outside Lin's room awkwardly looking to one another. According to Bolin and Korra she was really pissed off at Su yesterday which makes us think she might still be in a bad mood. The last time she thought I was trying to make sure she was okay she snapped at me for interfering. I really don't want to annoy her anymore than she already is.

"Uh, who's gonna knock?" Korra asks slowly as she looks to us.

"Shotgun not it." I say quickly and I take a step back. We all look at on another for a moment before Korra shoves Bolin to the door.

"Oh! No, no, no, no, no, no. Not me." Bo says quickly through a panicked exhale. He hurries away from the door and joins my side. "You're the Avatar. Why can't you do it?"

"Uh, I can. But I just thought that you-" Korra struggles to come up with a lame excuse which causes Mako to roll his eyes and move towards the door.

"I'll do it." Mako groans. He knocks on the door and presses an ear to it. "Uh, Chief, you've been sleeping for 16 hours. We just wanted to make sure that you're okay." He calls through the door. I share a quick look with Korra, but I'm soon forced to look back to Mako as the door open. He falls and releases a grunt as he hits the floor. Lin stands in the doorway and she yawns before stretching. She smiles widely as she steps over Mako and walks past us.

"Hey, guys." She says to us with a smile as she walks away. We watch her leave with parted lips. I thought she'd be angry, but like me, she is cheery.

"Did something happen overnight to make everyone act weird?" Bo asks from beside me and glare at him playfully.

"Hey, I'm not acting weird." I say as I cross my arms.

"Sure you aren't." He replies as he pats my shoulder. We meet each others eye and we both laugh as I shove him gently.

"You're just jealous that you haven't reached self enlightenment." I say with a smug look.

"Uh huh, okay." He draws out his words as he brings his finger to his head, twirling his finger to indicate that I'm crazy. I hit his arm softly and we both laugh again.

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood." I say as I lean into his side slightly and look back to Korra and Mako who watch us in amusement. I feel Bo place his hand against the small of my back and I look up to him so we can share a quick smile before looking at our friends once again.

"Well, I guess if Lin is okay then we could do some metal bending practice?" Korra suggests as she looks at Bo. I turn to my boyfriend once again to gauge his reaction. He hasn't spoken about metalbending with me really, I had always been under the impression that he was hesitant to try it though I'm not sure why. However, his reaction to Korra's suggestion leads me to believe that he is actually wanting to try. I won't question it, whatever he decides to do I will support him.

"Yeah, maybe I'll actually move it today." He says sounding defeated already. I bump his side with my arm to gain his attention.

"Bo, don't be too hard on yourself. If it turns out you're not a metalbender, then you're not a metalbender. It won't make you weak, it just makes you you." I say to reassure him. "And who knows, maybe if you can't bend metal you can bend a different sub element like me?" I say with a small smile. The corners of his lips turn up at my words and he moves his hand off my back. He soon laces our fingers around one another and I see determination fill his eyes.

"I doubt I can bend a different sub element, but I'm not gonna give up metalbending just yet." He says and I feel my smile grow. I love his positivity, even when he has a down moment he springs back so quickly. "Come on, let's go!" He says as he begins to tug me through the corridors and towards the gardens. Korra and Mako follow close behind us as we all head to the training grounds.