Chapter 5

Waleed

The moment I entered the living room of our house and saw Mia sitting on the couch, I was sure something was wrong. This day had already been shitty and I didn't want any more drama in it. I walked to Mia, she was holding a paper in her hands. Her face was looking pale and she hadn't even noticed my arrival in his deep thoughts.

"You okay, baby?" I asked.

Mia looked up at me with worry-filled in her amber eyes. My heart clenched in my chest, what was bothering her? I had been on the site for the last few hours busy with the site head and the investigating officer. The fire had been bad. One-third of the site was completely ruined. The fire had started on the third floor and had reached the fifth by the time it was controlled by the fire extinguishing department. All three floors had been completely ruined and would need to be completely renovated. It would take nearly three to four months to reverse the damage.

It was bad and was not going to reflect well on our firm. This was the first time I had ever experienced something like this on our site.

Before today, no such thing had ever happened, I was worried and had called a meeting tomorrow morning. This had to be dealt with strictly, and couldn't let such carelessness pass easily.

Right now the more pressing matter for me was my wife's name. I could never see Mia worried about something in my life. If it was up to me I would just end the reason for her worry.

"What happened, Mia?" I asked again.

Mia silently passed me the paper she was holding in her hand. I looked at the paper they were drawing on. It was most probably Ahad who had drawn it because Abeer was still too young to draw a family. I looked at what he had drawn and as usual, there was a drawing of our family and there was a dark male figure hovering above their heads.

"What about this drawing Mia?" I asked her.

"Ahad said that it was a bad man and he was going to hurt us all," Mia pointed to the dark figure.

I chuckled at her reply, I couldn't believe Mia would take a drawing so seriously. I had never thought of her as the superstitious type.

"You think it's a joke?' She asked in fury.

"Baby, it's just a drawing, kids tend to draw all kinds of things, it's a way for them to express themselves, "I sat beside her on the couch and spread my arm around her shoulder.

"Waleed, but why would he draw it today? When a fire broke out on our site? Do you think this is a coincidence?" She glared at me.

"What do you want to imply? That our son is the next Harry Potter and soon we will be receiving a letter from Hogwarts?" I teased.

Mia jerked away from me and tried to stand, I pulled her back holding her arm. I couldn't understand why she was so worked up because of a silly drawing.

"Mia baby, I was not mocking you," I placed my hand below her chin and lifted it upwards.

"Waleed, I am scared," she whispered, before burying her face in my chest.

Mia was crying with her face buried in my chest and my arms wrapped around her. I let her cry, till her sobs subsided, "Mia, I will never let anything happen to you and the kids, as long as I am alive. Trust me, baby, I will give my life, before I let anything happen to you, "I kissed her head and whispered.

"Waleed, I am worried about you, I don't think I could live without you," she answered back.

"Trust me, baby, nothing is going to happen to me. I have Dada's prayers with me, "I stroked her back trying to calm her hiccups.