Chapter 18

Changbin-hyung! Good morning.
Did you sleep well? I slept good! I hope you don't mind that I stole one of your 3Racha hoodies.

Reminder: yes, we did kiss yesterday, and yes, I love you.

Come see me for lunch?

Hyunjin

Hyunjin stared at his post-it note. Was this too much? Not enough?

He sighed and doodled a handful of hearts in the corners of the paper. They turned into misshapen blobs. But Changbin was smart, he'd know what Hyunjin was trying to do here. Satisfied, he nodded and gathered his things.

When he arrived in the practice room, Felix wasn't there yet. Hyunjin chose a corner and started stretching.

"You look happy," was what Minho said first when he dropped down next to Hyunjin. "It's Monday morning. How do you look happy?"

"Good morning to you too, Minho-hyung!" Hyunjin grinned. And then, as all men do, he lied: "I'm happy because I just saw a cute video of a puppy!"

Minho, predictably, grimaced and made a disgusted noise. "I can't believe I tolerate your presence." He unlocked his phone and held a very cute picture of Soonie into Hyunjin's face. Soonie was on his back, holding a fluffy feathery ball between all his four paws, and making the cutest expression towards the camera. "My only solace in this cold world is Soonie."

Hyunjin bit his lips in an effort not to coo at Soonie. "Ew. A cat."

"His name is Soonie and I like him more than I like you," Minho grumbled, swiped to the side and showed a picture of Doongie sleeping adorably. "Look at him and see the light."

Hyunjin was seeing the light. "Nope," he said and smirked in a way he knew would annoy Minho into sending those pictures directly to his phone to 'use up space.'

"Oh, is that your cat?" Felix arrived, snatched up Minho's phone and beamed at Doongie. "How many cats do you have again?"

Minho ripped his phone from Felix's hands. "If I didn't love you both so much. If only. Oh, I wish."

"How's Dori?" Hyunjin asked.

"When I left, he was lying on Sungie's face, it was very cute," Minho grumbled, so upset about Felix that he didn't notice the way Hyunjin started glowing with serotonin. He'd always had a soft spot for Minho's youngest.

Felix, however, did notice. "Hyunjin, did you finally kiss Changbin-hyung? You look too happy for Monday morning."

Hyunjin blushed. "Um."

"What, really?"

Hyunjin hid his traitorous face in his hands.

"Oh," Minho said slowly, "so you finally realised you like him. Took you long enough."

"What?" Hyunjin looked up sharply. "You knew?"

Minho rolled his eyes. "None of us would have been so accepting of the dating thing if we didn't think you liked him, too. You'll be great together."

"Wait, too? You knew he liked me and I liked him when I didn't know?" Hyunjin shook his head. "What?"

Felix smiled brightly. "Yes, it was quite obvious. Duh. And I'm happy for you! You deserve this. "

"Huh." Oh, well. "Yeah, we kissed," Hyunjin said, thinking about how to best explain to his friends that Changbin had walked into a wall and spilled coffee all over himself, and then they kissed and Changbin had held his hand so gently.

If it were three in the morning and they were all drunk, he'd tell them about confessing his feelings to Changbin first, realising that talking about it had been the right thing to do for his own feelings, regardless of Changbin's reaction. He'd talk about him realising that he was better now, and Minho and Felix definitely wouldn't have to fight his boyfriend for his honour, because Changbin was his boyfriend now. But he wasn't drunk and it wasn't three in the morning, so this conversation would have to wait.