1 - The Invitation

"Why didn't you call me? I was waiting for your call all day."

      "Baby, I was busy in my practice. That is the reason I couldn't attend your calls."

      "I don't care. You should have told me once at least."

      "Sorry Baby. I can make it for you. Let's go to lunch and a movie tomorrow. What say?"

      "I don't want to go to a movie."

      "Let's go for a night ride. Is that fine then?"

      "Ride? On a bike?"

      "Does that make you happy?"

      "Fine", she rolled her eyes as Rishabh coaxed her. He is trying to speak something, but Richa is hearing a weird sound, but can't hear a word he is saying. The soundtrack is getting louder and louder.

      "Rishabh, Is that your phone?"

      "Now wake up you fool! It's yours"

      "What?!" Richa got surprised when Rishabh pushed her down and suddenly she opened her eyes in a jerk, seeing the name on her phone screen - Ishu.

       Wondering why so early in the morning would she call, Richa answered her call.

   "Hello.. Ishu", Richa yawned.

   "Up yet?", asked Ishu teasily.

   "I wouldn't have been up if it's not for your stupid call. It ruined my wonderful dream".

   " Oh no! Tell me, who is pampering you this time?", Ishu asked innocently.

   "It's Rishabh Pant".

   "You mean the cricketer?"

   "Exactly. He told me that he will take me on a night ride on his bike. And you called. Now I don't even get to see how his bike looks like."

   "My bad! I should have called Rishabh Pant instead. He would understand", giggled Ishu.

   "Okay shut up alright. Come to the point."

   "Did u see the invitation for our reunion?", asked Ishu.

   "Reunion?"

   "Yes. It is forwarded in our WhatsApp school group. I saw it this afternoon."

She is right. John kept the invitation in the WhatsApp group.. It said the reunion is in 15 days in a restaurant here in Hyderabad.

    "So what do you think?", asked Ishu.

    " It's nice, the invitation", chucked Richa.

    "Idiot. I am asking about attending it."

    "I know. Well, it won't hurt meeting our old friends, does it? What about you?"

    "I don't know. I will be here for a month with my mum. It's been a year since I last visited her and that particular date is the problem. It's her birthday."

    "I forgot that you are in U.S. You are right. You should be with her."

    "What about you then?", asked Ishu.

    "There is a lot of time. I shall think."

    "So tell me. When will these coaxing dreams of yours come to an end?"

    "Till my soulmate meets me girl. What's wrong with you? Is it that bad to have a dream?"

    "No, but trying to get every cricketer and celebrity to pamper you is a bit too much."