We all stay silent and crowd around her.

Her feet are beginning to twitch and her head jerks back and forth, back and forth and her breathing is beginning to increase.

"Caleb!" Mom shouts.

"Oh my gosh." Tori says putting her hands over her mouth.

"What!" I ask loudly.

"I think I know what this is." Tori whispers.

"What!" Mom yells.

"The fear simulation. It calculates your worst fears and combines them. You can't escape them until you have slowed your heart rate or defeated the obstacle. Most people have ten to twenty. This is bad. She is already broken and now she will be scarred for life! Thanks to you!" Tori screams at Caleb.

This is truly the first time I have seen Tori get so worked up.

"I am going to plummet your face so hard--" I get cut off by Tris beginning to whimper.

Her face shows an incredible amount of fear. It was more terror, really. If I could trade places with her right now, I would in an instant.

"You hurt your sister, so you could get into college. Do you not see what is wrong with that?" I yell at Caleb.

"I thought it would help." Caleb mutters looking sorry for himself.

"That is a ridiculous lie! I think it's time for you to leave!" I yell pointing toward the door.

Caleb still stands there, not doing anything until mom nods.

"Caleb leave. Now."

Caleb slowly walks out his head down. I bet he is sorry for not helping Jeneane more. He is a complete idiot.

Tris's screams cut into my thoughts and I go to grab her hand, but Tori stops me.

"Don't touch her. It contributes into the sim. Bad things can happen then." Tori says.

I groan and put my head in my hands. This is terrible.

I watch as Tris's facial expressions and it is as if every minute that goes by, it gets worse.

Finally, after what feels like hours, Tris shoots up gasping for air.

I quickly put my hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her, but she flinches.

She flinched. Flinched. She thought I was going to hit her.

"Tris." I whisper.

Tears begin to stream down her cheeks and she shakes her head furiously.

Mom and Tori quickly tell her soothing sayings and blah, blah, blah. I am just too worried to hear what they have to say. Tris didn't want to talk to me! Normally she would talk to me first!

What could have possibly been in her fear simulation!

Mom makes Tris lie back down and Tori places that damp washcloth on her forehead.

"Close your eyes. We'll be right in the next room." Tris nods and watches them leave the room.

"Hey, do you want me to stay?" I whisper.

"Tobias I-- I-" Tris breaks out into more sobs and I gather her in my arms.

"I thought I could trust him. He was family. Family doesn't do that to each other. I thought he was on my side." Tris cries into my shirt.

"I know. I couldn't believe it. He was just being selfish. Shhhhh.... Hey, look at me. What you just went through... It doesn't matter anymore. It's done now and you know what? We all honor you more because you are so brave to deal with this and every other thing that you have been presented with. You are a true hero." I say and lie down still holding on to her.

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Her hand enters mine and I smile.

Her breaths begin to slow and I touch my lips to her forehead. I will never betray her like her brother did. I will stay by her side no matter what.

Slowly, I also find myself drifting off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awake to the sun shining in my eyes. Tris is still sleeping, her head burrowed against me.

I glance at the clock 1:32 PM. How long have we been sleeping? The last time I checked it was still really dark outside. I move slightly to reach my phone, which makes Tris begin to groan.

Her eyes flutter open and she looks around the room confused.

"Hey." I say softly.

"Hi," she replies by looking at me.

Something's not right. She's acting weird.... different around me.

"Hey, you alright?" I ask concerned.

"Yeah, why?" She says fast.

"No reason." I mutter.

I watch as Tris plays with her hands and all of a sudden, I hear a humongous grumble from her stomach.

"When's the last time you had something to eat?" I ask gently.

"I don't know," she sighs. "Two days at the least."

"You haven't eaten in two days!" I yell.

Tris flinches.

"I've been busy." She whispers.

"Okay. Okay, let's get some food. Now." I say.

Tris nods and begins to sit up.

"Do you want to come downstairs or stay in bed?" I ask.

"Come." She answer firmly.

I quickly help her up and support more then half of her body weight.

I glance into the master bedroom as we pass and see mom and Tori passed out on different sides of the bed.

I slowly walk downstairs with Tris and we finally get into the kitchen. I quickly help her up onto one of the high stools so she can relax.

"Thank you, Tobias." She whispers.

"Anytime." I smile warmly back at her and quickly make her a huge plate of scramble eggs.

She slowly eats them, moving them around with her fork more, but at least she did eat some.

I guess we woke dad up, because he crutches in and embraces Tris in a small hug.

A few minutes later he goes to the bathroom and Tris is still avoiding my eye contact.

Why!

"Why aren't you eating." I say more like a demand then a question.

"I'm not hungry." She answers, but her stomach once again begins to growl.

"Your stomach seems to disagree." I say.

"I don't want to eat right now." She says and stumbles off the stool and moves to the couch.

Why is she avoiding me?

HOW WAS THAT!

AS ALWAYS VOTE COMMENT, AND BE AWESOME!