Traitors

CHAPTER 39

TRIS POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Tobias left the room, I felt instantaneously horrible. I know he wouldn't ever trust Marcus, but I can totally picture him sacrificing himself.

Is it just me?

Mom had coaxed me to calm down and Tori had gone to the bathroom to get a wet washcloth and mom had gone to help her.

I don't understand what is so difficult about getting a washcloth, but whatever.

"Hey Beatrice." Caleb walks into the room again smiling at me.

"It's just Tris." I say.

"Yeah. I forgot." Caleb mutters.

"Is something wrong?" I ask suspiciously.

"No! Why?" Caleb asks jumping.

"No reason..." I say slowly.

"You look tired. Why don't you sleep." Caleb suggests hurriedly.

"No, I just slept." I whine.

"At least close your eyes."

Now, this is getting weird.

"Caleb, I am not sleeping! I am not shutting my eyes! You are seriously scaring me!" I say annoyed.

"Well, then, I'm sorry Tris."

"What? Caleb what are you talking about!" I yell.

All of a sudden, I feel a slight pinch in my arm and then I drift off into nothingness.

TOBIAS POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recap~~~~~~
And what I see surprises me....
Caleb is standing over Tris and all of a sudden, he shoves a needle into her arm.

I watch speechless, as her eyes immediately close and her body relaxes.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST DO!" I scream at Caleb beginning to run full speed at him.

Caleb stands there not saying a word, just staring at me.

I am about to reach him when someone's arms wrap around my torso and pull me back with incredible strength.

"STOP IT! FOUR STOP IT!" Tori yells loudly at me.

"What is going on!" Mom shrieks running into the room.

"He did it. He did it!" I growl loudly at Caleb.

"Tobias calm down. Calm down. Sit right now or you are leaving this room." Mom tells me sternly.

I plop down on the chair at the far side of the room and mom sighs.

"Caleb... What did you do exactly." Mom says worry beginning to fill her eyes when she sees Tris just laying there with her eyes closed.

"I..... I......-" I cut him off.

"He injected her with something and then she like went unconscious!" I scream running my hand through my hair.

"Caleb what did you inject her with!" Tori yells.

"I don't know! Jeneane told me that if I did it that I would get to go to which ever school I wanted to for college. She told me it was safe! I promise! I thought it would help her back!" Caleb says sinking to his knees.

"You trusted JENEANE! What is wrong with you! She is the most evil person like in the whole world!" I scream.

"I thought--" Caleb gets cut off by sudden movements by Tris.