𝟏𝟏. 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

     "God, I knew I should have stayed." He shook his head, more upset that she had gotten hurt than she was. "I can't believe it, I can't believe they didn't stop. I'm supposed to be looking after you, making sure stuff like this doesn't happen. I don't even know what I would have done if—"

     "It's just some stitches, Mase. I'm okay, I promise." She tried to assure the boy who incessantly shook his head, stopping her in the hallway, just as they were about to enter the waiting room where Brooke hoped to find her friends and some news regarding Hanna.

     He grabbed her not broken arm and gently turned her to face him. "It's not just some stitches, Brooke. You were hit by a car, you risked getting seriously hurt and I need you to sometimes put yourself first. You're lucky you got away with just a few stitches and a fracture in your wrist!"

     "I know that, Mason! I mean, look at Hanna right now, oh wait...you can't. Because she hasn't woken up. And if I hadn't pushed her out of the way, then the car would have completely gone over her and this could be a far worse situation!" She shouted back, a flood of tears and emotions cascading out of her. She understood that he cared about her, she didn't even know what she would be doing if the roles were reversed in this situation, probably going crazy too.

Her voice trailed off at the end, turning to look towards the waiting room where the rest of the girls stood, awkwardly watching the siblings argue while they waited for news on Hanna. And then Mrs Marin walked out and all of their gaze fell on her. "Please, we can go home after, I just—"

"Go." He sighed, gesturing in the direction of the woman, sitting down on one of the chairs on the other side of the room, bouncing his knee up and down, his mind still plagued with thoughts of what could have happened.

"Is she going to be okay?" Aria asked immediately once the woman was close enough to discuss the state of her daughter with them.

Before the Marin woman had the chance to answer, she had pulled the brunette Bentley into a bone crushing hug which Brooke make sure to keep her arm out the way of before it got trapped between them. Once she let go, Brooke could see the glossiness of her irises.

"Thank you." She breathed out, talking again before the brunette even had the chance to assure her that she didn't really do anything, the blonde had still been hit after all. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" She asked, looking at the cast and scratches that the girl has sustained.

The brunette nodded, "Just worried about Hanna. Is she okay?" She asked, brushing off the cast and concussion that were quickly wearing her down. Her painkillers were kicking in quickly and she was in desperate need of her bed.

"She has a broken leg and ankle, but the paramedics said it could have been a lot worse if you hadn't intervened." She explained, relieving some of the weight and worry that sat like a lead brick on Brooke's lungs. "What happened?"

Spencer's voice shook as she spoke, "Hanna was coming across from the parking lot and this—this car just came out of nowhere. Brooke managed to get to her before it hit her head on." She explained while their friends mom nodded.

"Well, the police found the car. They said it was stolen from the campground." The woman then informed them. If only she knew everything that had happened, then this wouldn't seem like such an accident after all.

"Did they catch the driver?"

"No. Not yet."