Carnations (Paul McCartney)

Paul McCartney X Fem!Reader
Warnings; fluff, British reader, Paul is such a sweetie,

(Y/n)'s P.o.V

"Why do we have to run again?" My cousin groans behind me as I pull her along. I glance back at her, then start running faster with her in my grip.

"I told you, I want to get to the shop as soon as possible!" Recently, someone has been sending flowers to my house. I don't know who, but from what my mum told me, they mean something. So now I'm going to the flower shop to get a book to find out what they symbolise. Obviously I had to bring Marie along with me, just in case Lennon comes along to prat around. She also wants to know what they mean, but she hates running. Oh well, I'm excited so I'm going to run.

Time Skip

I sit cross-legged on my bed, holding the book in one hand and the flowers in the other. Turning to the carnation section, I begin looking through what the colours mean.

'White carnations symbolize purity and luck. Light red carnations symbolize admiration. Dark red carnations symbolize love and affection. Pink carnations symbolize gratitude. Yellow carnations symbolize disappointment or rejection. Purple carnations symbolize capriciousness...'

Looking down, I see the white, light red and pink flowers. Huh. No one that I know really shows interest in me that way, or hasn't done as of late. Although I did tell Paul that I like carnations, but I doubt it's him. I mean we've been good friends for years and he would have told me if he felt that way, right? It might not be him anyway, unfortunately he probably sees me as a sister.

After placing the book on my bed side table, I leave the flowers in a small jar with water.

Time Skip

It's been three weeks since I've been given flowers. They appear at my door most days and they seem to be all white, light red and pink. However the last one I was given was dark red, so now I really want to know who it is. And I think I know the perfect person to help me...

"You want me to help you find your secret admirer?"

"Please Paul, you'd do the same for me," I grab his arm and pout, trying to give him the best puppy dog eyes. He looks down to me and rolls his eyes.

"Fine. What are you gonna do when you find them anyway?" Now that question stumped me. What am I going to do. Thank them for the flowers obviously, maybe even ask them on a date. As long as I like them of course. I relay my thoughts to Paul, and he nods at my ideas. We sit on the sofa in my living room, looking at all the flowers. There is 22 flowers, 7 each of white, light red and pink, and 1 dark red. It's clear that thought has gone into this, otherwise it would be random flowers at anytime. But someone has clearly thought this through, which sends a warm happy feeling through me. While we sit there, I lay my head on Pauls shoulder. I could be imagining it, but I swear he tensed up for a second. 

The more I think about it, the more it comes together. Paul knows I love carnations, he knows I like getting flowers and he knew that I would go to him to help me figure out who their from. I sit back up and turn to face the sweet boy next to me. He stares at me with wide eyes, a deer caught in headlights. Practically grabbing his face, I pull him close so we're an inch apart. We stay this way for a few seconds, allowing the other to pull away if they want. Neither of us move, I can feel his quick breaths on my lips and his arms gently wrap around me. My thumb smooths over his face, which heats up. 

"I am in love with you (Y/n). I have been for a long time. Everything about you is simply perfect to me and I want you to know that." Finally our lips meet and I can't wish for more.