"Thanks." Six told him softly.

It wasn't long before he relaxed, getting used to the feeling of being hugged, especially by a girl. Who was Six.

She grabbed the toy also, and decided she liked both. The sensations gave her warm good feelings and she no longer felt scared of nervous when she was near Mono.

They sat together, mutually quietly hoping this could last forever. They both knew the peace would soon pass, so they had to enjoy it white it lasted.

Six's eyes started to feel heavy. She was very drowsy.

"Mono....Mono...?"

"Why are you saying my name like that?" Mono asked, blushing under the mask.

"Like what? Mono...I'm tired, can we stay?" Six asked yawning.

"Yes. We can stay. Dont worry about it. Just go to sleep. Dont fight it you need rest." Mono told her, his voiced lulling her to rest.

As Mono said that, Six closed her eyes and started to drift off to sleep, leaning her head on Mono's shoulder.

~~

Six sat on the bench, Clarisse dabbing her eyes with her soft handkerchief to wipe Six's tears. Six had stayed silent, remembering a memory she had thought was so distant, zoning out on all of Clarisse's attempts to comfort her broken heart. The heart she had broke herself when she had dropped Mono.

"Ma'am?" Clarisse tried again, "still here?" Six only returned the question with a sigh. She had been absent for years, she was never really here. "I was very worried about you Six..that scared me, yknow? I've never seen you...like that..I...didn't know what to do..."

Six sighed in response again still.

Clarisse was sad, she had been hoping to enjoy her time, and get to know Six but whatever was the matter surely now had ruined their time and prevented that from happening.

Six felt miserable, sad, and embarrassed to have cried in front of her.

"You..can call me Six y'know?" Six told her, "but no one else." She said not looking at her. She had her hands in her lap, fiddling. She could feel Clarisse taken aback by the odd name.

"I ...er..okay mistress Six!"

"No titles, please." Six said.

"S-sorry..madame..I mean ma'am...I mean..ugh...Six." Clarisse smiled nervously under her mask.

"Anyway, Well, I know a nice icecream place. Perhaps a scone might cheer you up?" Clarisse asked, folding her hand in front of her dress as a force of habit.

Next thing Six knew, she was standing with Clarisse, by an icecream stand. Even on a cold day, Six would except a cone.

The man running the cart was decently tall, with a warped face, no mouth, eyes, nose or ears. Yet like the others his senses were fine tuned and worked quite well.

He wore a unifrom, with short sleeves, showing his scrawny arms and bony wrists. He was quite scrawny except for a small potbelly.

Clarisse refused to let Six pay, and soon the two girls stood side by side, licking their scoops. Three scoops, chocolate, vanilla, and mint chocolate chip. Topped with whipped cream, hot chocolate, sprinkles and topped off with three red shiny cherries.

Six annoyed the change in food options and soon her demeanor changed, her mood brightening.

"I'm amazed. This place has been changed up quite a bit since I last saw it." Six inspected the new sidewalks, restored buildings and the new businesses and storefronts. The place could be better, but in it's own way it was thriving. It was thriving none the least.

"I'm glad....it was a very...," she looked around hoping others wouldnt heat her, "fear filled place when I was younger. I'm glad to be back home...now that it actually feels like a home." Clarisse beamed.

They both stood looking at all the different types of people going past. Pudgy people from the Maw, some wearing masks, citizens with crazy twisted faces, citizens with normal faces though rarely. Six had learned to no longer be scared of the pudgy people or the twisted and pulled faces. She had grown accustomed. She had fit in, became one of them, the opportunity given through the unfortunate circumstances of her becoming an entertainer, sex worker, and known image if the Maw.

There were others, and when she laid eyes on them, her heart stopped
There were even citizens with porcelain heads, and different types of mannequins and stuffed people, some headless, some with only the placard piece that stuck out from their neck, holding their eyes.

"What is it?" Clarisse asked, when she noticed Six froze.

"Its nothing..." Six said, feeling nervous though. She tried to convince herself everything was fine. Besides, Pale City had changed, she wanted to believe these odd people did too. For the better. If this place wasnt a mess anymore, then they probably weren't too. Yet, she couldnt help but feel nervous, anxious, and scared. It was instinct. Long ago she learned to fear these people.

Six looked away, the porcelain head had noticed she had been staring, "Anywho, show me around Pale City." Six forced a fake smile.

The two spent the day together, Clarisse showing Six around. She did enjoy spending time with the maid. She actually had begun to realize she was more than just a maid, she was very sweet  and bright and actually treated Six like she mattered and not just like another snobby customer at their resort.

The feeling was mutual. It was great for Clarisse to have another friend who was her coworker. Though Six was of high importance of course. It was ironic that the person that the Maw relied on and needed, who was both respected and hated, was also the person whom she didnt need to fear. They were equals. She hoped Six felt the same. It was great knowing she didnt have to tip toe around some dragon lady like one wrong step could shatter thin ice. Six was nothing like the rumors or gossip.

Perhaps nobody would pick on Clarisse anymore now that Six was her friend. She just hoped she had her back on the job, and didn't ditch her or pretend this day never happened.

Six stopped in the streets, looking to the nearby transmission tower. It stood like a pillar, tall and grey against the dark gloomy clouded sky, against the backdrop it looked like a tall towering pillar. On the top stood the red flowing beacon.

All the feelings were sucked out of her, as if the sight was a vacuum, sucking the life out of her.

"Six? Are you....okay?" Clarisse asked worried. She knew where Six was looking.

Six stood mesmerized suddenly deep in thought. She had thought the City had changed, but it could not have changed. Not too much anyway. Six knew too many things. For Six knew if they had kept the tower around, destruction always would soon follow.

"Six...stop." Clarisse pulled her arm, turning her to look over. Six inspected her mask, especially noticing no eyes peeked behind the slits. Clarisse had no eyes.

"Dont stare. You mustn't look too long Six. Its....not good for you." Clarisse told her, worried.

Six turned to her, staring for a moment before backing away, "It's getting pretty late...maybe we should go.." She said quietly, almost a breathless whisper.

A/N: you guys can start telling me all about my typos. This chapter especially but from now on. I'm chill with it. Sorry about the updates slowly. Thanks for reading to the end.