39. Who Hasn't Been To Space?

Începe de la început

Rhodey grabs him so he doesn't fall.
"Okay."
"Right?" Tony keeps going.
"You made your point, just sit down okay?" Rhodey says but Tony tries to get out of his grip.
"Nah, nah. Here's my point. You know what?" He points at Carol. "She's great by the way. We need you, you're new blood."
"Tony, you're sick. Sit down, sit!" Rhodey tries to lead him to the wheelchair.
"Bunch of tired old mules!" Tony walks right up to Steve's face his voice hushing to a venomous whisper. "I got nothing for you Cap. I got no coordinates, no clues, no strategies, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada... No trust... Liar."

Leia looks up at Steve who is clearly hurt by his words. The old friends just stare at each other for a moment before Tony pulls the housing unit from his chest and shoves it in Steve's hand.
"Here, take this. You find him, and you put that on. You hide." His voice is weak and he drops to the ground.
"Tony!" Steve rushes by him.
"I'm fine! I..." He breathes heavily and then falls unconscious. Leia, Nat, Steve, Carol and Rhodey all run to his aid.

-

Tony lies in a bed with Pepper by his side. Leia stands over Tony letting her blue currents do their work.
"I can heal his injuries and bodily systems but gaining his strength back is something that will take time." She says pulling her hands away.
"Thank you." Pepper mumbles.
She walks out of the room leaving Pepper and Bruce in there with him.
"Leia healed him as best she can and Bruce gave him a sedative. He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day." Rhodey says as he walks out with Leia.
Cap, Nat and Carol stand there taking in the information. Steve looks down feeling extremely guilty.

"You guys take care of him. And I'll bring him a Xorrian Elixir when I come back." Carol says walking away.
"Where are you going?" Steve asks.
"To kill Thanos." She deadpans.

Steve looks between Leia and Nat before going after her.
"Hey, you know we usually work as a team here and uh, between you and I, morales a little fragile." Nat says stopping her in her tracks.
"We realize up there is more your territory but this is our fight too." Steve says.
"You even know where he is?" Rhodey pipes up.
"I know people who might." Carol explains.

"Don't bother." Nebula breaks her silence. "I can tell you where Thanos is." Leia's eyes widen. That would've been helpful weeks ago. "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask, "where would we go once his plan was complete?". His answer was always the same. "To the Garden.""

"That's cute, Thanos had a retirement plan." Rhodey says.
"So where is he?" Leia asks as Steve stalks around the table.
Rocket uses the hologram to aid his description. "When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No ones seen anything like it... Until two days ago, on this planet."
"Thanos is there." Nebula adds.

"He used the stones again." Nat's eyes are wide.
"Hey.. We'd be going in short handed you know." Bruce says.
Loki enters the room quietly and stands by Leia.
"Look, he's still got the stones so.." Rhodey fades out.
"So let's get em... Use them to bring everyone back." Carol nods.
"Just like that?" Leia asks.
"Yeah, just like that." Steve nods at Carol.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this. I mean, we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Nat looks around everyone.
"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce asks the big question.
"Because before you didn't have me." Carol pipes up.
"Hey, new girl, everybody in this room is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey stands up straight unimpressed by her comment.
"There are a lot of other planets in the universe." Carol says un-phased. "And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys."