02 | Mr. Geto is pretty

"Why sleep?"

"Why sleep?"

Inumaki scrunches his nose in disgust.

He loves his friends, but god, this is too much. They really need to take care of their health if they want to live past the age of thirty.

"When i can always rely on caffeine to wake me up? It's basically my alarm clock but every time i take a sip, i'm reminded how sleep deprived i am." Y/N continues.

"Yeah.. No." Maki forcefully takes the drink from Y/N, noticing it was already half empty from how light it was in her hand.

The girl whines, trying to reach the container but Maki had already placed the item on Okkotsu's empty desk.

"Hey! Argh. Maki, please." Y/N tries to get up from her seat, but Maki stops her.

"No way i'm letting you drink everything in one go. It's unhealthy." The green haired girl frowns, scolding her stubborn friend.

"Isn't that what coffee is for?"

"It kinda is. Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system, making you alert. Think of it as a temporary energy boost." Inumaki mutters boredly,

"Yeah, coffee is good, but i'm sure you keep your own energy boosted even without trying."

Y/N raises a brow, "What?"

With no more words said to explain his point, Inumaki gestures to Okkotsu's empty seat. The boy that went to the bathroom and hasn't returned even after two classes has passed.

"Worrying over Yuta is enough to keep you awake and alert." He grins, reaching over to pat Y/N on the back.

The girl sighs. She's worried, definitely, but Inumaki has it all wrong-Y/N just really wanted to drink since she has stayed up last night, deciding to binge her new favorite show and then studying after that. She hoped she did it the other way around, but she can't take back the time she spent watching..

Of course, Y/N wasn't going to go to bed without recommending the show to Okkotsu who's also up late. This resulted to a phone call that lasted an hour with Okkotsu listening to the girl talk about her favorite characters and scenes.

'Maybe the coffee's making me more nervous but surely Yuta isn't skipping..?' Y/N thought before shaking her head.

Okkotsu's a good guy with a good heart. It's hard to believe that he would suddenly decide to stop going to his classes.

"Okay, is everyone here?"

As if on cue, the class all simultaneously scurried off to their correct seats while Y/N reached for her coffee to which Maki snatchrs and takes to her own seat.

Y/N curses. 'Maki..!'

Whatever. She'll get it back after class. The girl places her attention to their adviser― the ever so handsome and kind Geto Suguru.