Juncture

CHAPTER 4 - JUNCTURE

It was a warm august day in France and the pack had just landed in Paris with a plan.

Derek felt like the world was playing some sick cosmic joke on him. Forcing the older man to spend 11 hours on a plane jammed between Liam and Malia as they argued over what snack was better.

"Peanuts. End of discussion." he groaned, banging his head against the seat in front of him. He tried to convince the rest of the pack to stay home, arguing that it was 'too dangerous' for them to tag along. After contending his point for hours, Derek finally abdicated. Lydia, Malia, Liam and the Sheriff had already packed their bags and booked their flights. No one was turning back now.

It wasn't like he meant for this to happen, but the born wolf had stepped in as their makeshift Alpha. The Group needed someone to look up to in their time of need and, although he didn't have the best track record, Derek felt as if he could fill that void.

He would never be Scott, no one could live up to the True Alpha's reputation. His caring and stoic nature was irreplaceable. Albeit, Derek would be damned if he didn't try his best.

Over the course of the last 10 years, Derek liked to think that he'd grown into a completely different person. His past trauma dissipating with age. Working as a deputy helped him open up to others and finally begin to heal. The pack movie nights and birthday parties became a welcome and humbling reprieve from his former life as an outcast. His anchor wasn't anger anymore, it was the pack. They held him together like glue. Mending the pieces of his broken heart without judgement.

That being said, Scott would not be happy if his family came to Paris just to step into a trap.

—-Location: Hotel room. Paris, France—-Date: August 20th—Time: 1400hrs—

"According to Chris' sources, there's an beta in Porte de la Chapelle who's been linked to a couple of missing person cases." Noah said, throwing on a burgundy jacket and raking his fingers through his grey hair.

"Do you think he might know where Scott is?" Liam anxiously countered, bouncing up and down on one of the hotel rooms double beds with anticipation.

"I'm not too sure, but all of the files seem to indicate a supernatural element to their disappearances. Enough to warrant the attention of Chris and his team at least." Noah replied, staring past Liam at a crooked piece of art hung ceremoniously above the bed's headboard.

The room was small. It's walls filled with tacky landscape photos and fire escape plans. The epitome of somewhere an old couple would stay on a retirement vacation; Somewhere Lydia would normally never set foot in.

"This is seeming more and more like a trap if you ask me." The strawberry blonde grumbled, lifting her left foot to wipe dirt off the bottom of her expensive heels. "How do we talk to this him without getting on his radar?" She walked over to Liam putting her hand on his shoulder to stop the incessant bouncing, causing him to look up at her with an apologetic smile.

They were all nervous. Sure, the pack had occasionally faced some bad guy who strolled into Beacon Hills trying to steal their power or their land; But they were usually able to send them packing by sunrise. Their enemies had become mediocre at best and well, they were getting pretty rusty.

Noah put his hands on his belt as he spoke."Chris says he works at a Bakery a few blocks from here. The least we can do is scope the place out."

Liam groaned, falling back onto the bed with his arms outstretched. "Right now? We just got here. I don't know about you, but i'm jet lagged. We could always...." Before he could finish his sentence Malia stomped over from her place in the corner of the room.