Chapter 28; Hello, darkness

Start from the beginning

When the song ended, Hyunjun turned to Juyeon for high-five, and when their palms met, for a fraction of a second, Juyeon's eyes locked onto mine. Behind him, thousands screamed his name.

"That's not the point," the Ceo argued irritably, as I drifted out of my daydream. "I set you up with one of the top music magazines in the industry yesterday, and you didn't even bother turning up!

You're off gallivanting with that, who is she, that amateur photographer you boyz have gotten all of a sudden. She's not even famous."

"Not even famous," was becoming my tagline. Perhaps I should put it on my business card.
"Don't talk about Yoy- Yoona like that," said Juyeon sternly.

I pressed my ear onto the wall, imagining him on the other side, defending me in front of Kim Myungjun, the most powerful man in the music industry. It gave me chills.

"I'll talk about that Kang Yuna, and you, and every last one of you whining divas however I want. And I don't want to be in here again, having this conversation. Understand?"

No response from Juyeon. I glanced up and down the hotel corridor, wondering how long I have to stand here. Maybe I should take a walk on the bea-

Ping! A message on my phone, Haknyeon, no doubt, and even Changmin pressing for an update. I haven't told them about the kiss yet: I was waiting to see them in person. I was worried they might explode.

I looked at the screen. Unknown number.
Screw you bitch
For a moment, I stared at the message, unable to process the words. Then another arrived.

Hands off Juyeon.
Lying slut
Ur pathetic
Ur not good enough for Juyeon

And another and another and another. Different numbers, different times.

With trembling hands, I opened my web browser and tried a few search terms.
Cresent
Cresent news
Cresent groupie

The third attempt brought up a string of fan sites and gossip pages, all queuing up to shout different versions of the same thing.

JUYEON TAKES MYSTERY GROUPIE ON ROAD TRIP
SECRET PHOTO OF LEE JUYEON WITH RANDOM FAN
IS SHE GROUPIE OF GIRLFRIEND, LEE JUYEON?

Hurriedly, I clicked the images tab. The top hit was a horrible grainy picture of me, rain soaked and white-skinned, stepping out of Juyeon's car outside the hotel.

Someone had been watching us, Kim Joong-sik, perhaps? Or some reporter? Whoever it was, they-

My phone buzzed in my hand. A new message lit up on my screen.
I know who you are.

It was an unknown number, a string of unfamiliar digits. And moments later, from the same sender, a follow-up message arrived.
Kang Yoona.

I blinked, horrified, at the screen. They knew my name. Panicked, u opened the internet again, scrolled down the search results, and at the bottom of page two, found a familiar website. Moonlights will protect Cresent I stared in disbelief at the headline.

REVEALED: THE IDENTITY
OF JUYEON'S MYSTERY GIRL

You don't wanna miss this one,
Moonlights!!!

This is a big one, guys.... we've found out who the mystery girl is. Aghhhhh!!!!

Her name is Kang Yoona, and she goes to high school in Songdo- which is where Hyunjae went. (Gold star if you knew that ;) )