6.

Sam's P.O.V

'There is no freaking way that I'm going to school today, looking like.... this', I whispered to myself as I stared in the mirror. I touched my ugly black eye and then my slightly bruised nose bridge, along with the little gash on it. My head was about to explode due to the pain and my hair was messed up. At least the dried up blood was gone, that's a start. I sighed and rubbed my temples. 

'Sam!', Will screamed. I could hear him walk up the stairs. 'Get your ass out of bed!'. I took another look in the mirror and ran towards my bed. I jumped under my covers and hid my head. 

I don't have school today. The teachers have a course so we're free. I didn't sleep well. I'm on my period and am seriously pms-ing. 

I heard a door creak open. 'Sam', he said and sighed. 'Get out of bed, you'll be late for school and if you're late, Isaac will be too'. I shut my eyes closed and let out a cough. 'I don't feel so good', I murmured. The good old school-sick trick. Good work Sam. Couldn't come up with something better? 

I desperately waited for him to respond. Instead of getting a real response, I heard him laugh. 'I know you have a test today, you can't fool me', he chuckled. Test? Oh, shit. My chemistry test. Holy crap. I coughed a little more. 'I'm serious, I'm...' 'Cut the crap, Sam. Just get out of bed and go get ready. Breakfast is ready', and with that said, he shut the door and walked downstairs again. I threw my covers off and groaned. 

It would be so much easier to tell him, or even better, show him my face. But then again, I had to explain what happened and where I had been. And he didn't exactly know that I hadn't been home yesterday night and he also didn't know that I went to a bar with Isaac. And I'm 100% sure that Isaac had something to drink. So I preferred not telling/showing Will. That would lead to even more problems that I didn't want to handle nor explain. I guess you could cover lots of things up with make-up and sunglasses?

I quickly got up from bed and took a quick shower. I put on my undies and moved on to putting on some skinny jeans and some socks. I threw on a black hoodie, put my hair up in a messy bun and walked towards the bathroom, where I looked into the mirror. I smeared on some concealer and checked myself once again. My nose looked fine, except for the bridge of course. 'But there's nothing sunglasses can't hide', I whispered and grabbed a random, black one and put it on. 'Should be enough', I said and put my hood up. 

I gathered my stuff and stuffed them in my bag. I vastly walked downstairs and threw my bag in the corner off the room and finding myself a seat at the table. I kept my head low and grabbed my phone from my pocket. 'Good morni...ng', I heard Lindsey pipe up, but only halfway through her greet seriously looked at me. Isaac and Will were also sitting at the table. They shared some confused glances. 'Good morning', I greeted back, grabbing a bun and stuffing it in my mouth. 'You have quite the appetite for a sick person', Will whispered when he walked past me. I didn't even reply and looked at Isaac (who was sitting in front of me) over the top of my sunglasses. 'What the hell?' He mouthed towards me. 'What's wrong?'. I shook my head and pointed at Lindsey and Will, with my chin. Some gestures went back and forth before Will walked passed Isaac and "nonchalantly" whispered something in his ear. Isaac played with his food a little before answering. 'She's on her period', he whispered, loud enough for everyone to hear. Will just nodded his head and continued doing what he was doing. 

I kicked Isaac's leg under the table and he jumped up a little, glaring at me. 'Is something wrong?', Will asked us. 'Nothing', we both responded, fake-smiling. 

-------------

'I really need a new job', I groaned as I watched Finn, who was paying for my chocolate milkshake. 'So, let me get this straight', Nate said from behind me. 'You got fired, you got hit by a car and a car door was bashed into your head, sending you into the hospital', he summed up. I looked at him and nodded my head hastily. 'And all of that... in just two days?'. I again nodded my head. 'I'm doing great', I commented with a slight grin. 'You're bad luck, I don't know if I want to be near you anymore', he then continued. I laughed, along with the others. 'But you do it, because that's how much you love me', Lennon said dramatic and threw her arms around his neck, clinging onto him. Nate almost dropped his drink due to the fact that Lennon and he almost tripped, which made me laugh. Finn handed me my milkshake, elbowing me out of my laughter. 'I'll pay you back', I said and took a zip. 'No need to', he reassured me. I looked at him and laughed. 'You know you'll get it back anyway', I chuckled. He nodded and took a zip of his drink while looking at me. 'Just being a kind person', he said. 'You should try that more often', I grinned.