"I took you, and tried to hide you, but Dumbledore came," Severus said softly. "He seemed to think Lily had cheated on James with me. I let him think that, I didn't want him to find out-" he broke off, his expression pained.

"So I was safer as the prophecy child than the Dark Lord's son," Hadrian stated.

"...yes. I'm so-" Severus began, but was interrupted by Hadrian, who had decided he wanted to hug his dad. Severus choked, then wrapped his arms hesitantly around him. When Hadrian didn't pull away, the man let out a soft, muffled sob and squeezed him tightly.

After a while, Blaise cleared his throat. "As sweet as this is, I'm sure Hadrian has some questions."

"That can wait," Hadrian said distractedly, nuzzling further into his dad's embrace. The Horcrux was oozing affection. He told it to shut up.

"You can ask questions without releasing me," Severus pointed out softly, now running his fingers through Hadrian's hair.

"Hmm." Hadrian thought for a moment. "Who are Jezebeth and Alessandro?"

"My ancestors," Severus replied, a slight note of awe in his voice. "They were the first vampire king and queen."

"Wait, what?" Blaise sputtered. "You're vampire royalty?"

"No," Severus replied with a sigh. "My mother was banished from the kingdom for marrying that stupid Muggle."

"I thought you were full vampire," Hadrian asked with a frown.

"I am. Muggles can be bitten," Severus pointed out. "A full vampire does not need to have all of their ancestors be born vampires, Hadrian."

"Mmm," Hadrian said again. After another pause, he said, "Are we going to tell... Father?" He wasn't quite sure if he was ready to call him that yet.

The Horcrux pouted. I'm right here, you know.

As if I could forget.

"I..." Severus' voice cracked.

"He won't be mad," Hadrian promised, looking up. When his dad looked puzzled and anxious, he said dryly, "When he tried to kill me, he accidentally turned me into a Horcrux."

Severus blanched. "So-"

"The Horcrux knows he... sort of has a son, and he's not mad," Hadrian explained. "Actually he was rather sweet about it," he said with a smirk.

I AM NOT SWEET! I AM A DARK LORD!

His dad actually blushed at that, and the Horcrux lost its anger again, cooing. Stifling a gag, Hadrian said, "So are we going to tell him?"

"You should," Blaise pointed out nervously. "In case he finds out on his own."

"Later," Severus muttered. "We'll tell the Dark Lord later."

"Tell me what, Severus?"

All three of them yelped and spun around, Hadrian and Severus breaking apart as they did so. Voldemort was standing in the doorway, looking curious and tired. He still had his Professor Mortem glamour on.

Severus swallowed. Hadrian put a hand on his arm and gave him an encouraging look. With a sigh, his dad handed his father Hadrian's Blood Test.

Voldemort took it. "This is...?"

"Yes," Hadrian responded.

"A surprise, then?"

"A big one," Blaise muttered. Hadrian turned to his soulmate to find that he looked irritable and slightly pale. He pulled Blaise into a hug.