🌸 𝕔 𝕙 𝕒 𝕡 𝕥 𝕖 𝕣 𝕤 𝕚 𝕩 🌸

Depuis le début

^^🌸^^

      That's how I found myself in this situation. I walked here with my dad previously, but he was already inside with the others. I stood just outside the door, straightening up my suit and taking deep breaths. We now knew who Quackity's running mate was. GeorgeNotFound. He was friends with Dream. Our most powerful enemy. The event was nerve wracking and it hadn't even begun yet. I decided to just gather my nerves and continue. Taking yet another deep breath of the fresh L'Manburgian air, I pushed the doors open and walked inside of the courthouse.

      The first thing I noticed when I entered was the layout. Grandpa Wil and Tommy stood on the left side of the room, George, Sapnap, and Quackity stood on the left, and someone I've never met before stood behind the debate leader's pedestal. Then, my eyes stopped on my dad, who was facing Grandpa Wil and Tommy. "I know you. I've spent many years growing up under you, and I've seen what you can do, I've seen your leadership. You know what you're doing, you have charisma, you're in a suit, you're lookin' good," Dad spoke as Grandpa Wil stood proudly, clearly enjoying being showered with compliments.

      "But there's one thing that you're missing," Dad continued. The room fell silent as any and all previous conversations died down in an instant. "I have a bakery, and I can deliver cookies and ice cream to all my citizens." He finished. So that's what he had been working so hard on when I broke my leg! Every time he visited, he would tell me bits and peices of this one project he was working on, but he never revealed exactly what it was. "You've missed the ballot." Grandpa Wil said, which was also true.

      However, everyone seemed adamant on letting him join the race. I thought about it myself, as well. Walking up to Wilbur, I placed a hand on his shoulder, before speaking at a level only he could hear. "Let him join. There's no chance he's going to win, unless he forged votes, which would easily get picked up on." I convinced. He sighed, before giving it a final thought, and finally giving in. However, he wasn't about to announce that just yet. Dad was pushed to my side a little as Quackity stepped up.

       "Fellas, what Fundy doesn't want to tell you is that he supports me. Because he himself told me that he wanted to support me." Quackity spoke. "Fundy tell that to us, is this true?" Tommy spoke, sounding more professional than I ever thought was possible coming from him. All eyes were on my dad, at the moment. "Fundy, listen, I don't wanna pull up the receipts, Fundy. You gotta just admit this. Just admit this. Just admit it." Quackity pushed forward. I could feel the tension radiating from my father. It couldn't be true, could it?

      "Do you have cookies and ice cream?" Dad asked the black haired man in front of us. I felt rage begin to build up just by him standing so close. "I have so- I have c- I have ten bakeries, Fundy. And I'll give you ten more if you side with me." Quackity bargained. A strange aura that I've never experienced came from my father beside me. "I-Is that truth?" He asked. "That's very truth, Fundy." Quackity confirmed. A million thoughts raced through my head, but I still remained silent and held my ground.

     I saw the look in Grandpa Wil's eyes. The look of anticipation, dread, and already acceptance of what was to come. "Alright." Fundy said. "Fundy. What does this mean? What are you saying to me Fundy? What does this mean?" Wilbur asked in one big frantic ramble of questions. His hands gripped the podium tighter. I froze in anticipation. What was going through my father's head?

"I support Quackity." He stated, staring Grandpa Wil straight in the eyes.

   The right side of the room began cheering. I watched in stunned silence as Wilbur switched through many different emotions. The harsh expressions of raw anger, disappointment, horrific dread, and deep sadness swirled through his eyes, before finally settling on a more confident side which was driven by these emotions. It hit me like a ton of bricks, as I stood. My dad.. The one who watched over me in the only home I ever knew.. Was now switching on it... Switching on L'Manburg. Switching on his father.... Switching on me.